Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

jybarz

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Hi

Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails.

I have Outlook 2007.

The problem started on Wednesday 13 March 2013 after I installed my new Brother MFC J6910DW printer/scanner/fax machine.

So I did a System Restore to Monday 11 March 2013 and the problem disappeared.

Today, Wednesday 20 March 2013, I reinstalled Brother MFC J6910DW printer/scanner/fax machine and the problem came back.

Can someone please help.

Thank you.

That's easy to diagnose - the printer software is the problem. :)

Do links in other apps work?

Did the software install an Outlook addin?

Do the links work if you start Outlook in Safe mode?

Do you have the latest version of the software? Brother: MFC-J6910DW: Downloads: United States

Hi

I'm glad you said it's easy.

What other apps? For example?

Don't really know if an Outlook addin was with the software and if it was installed.

I haven't tried Safe Mode. But that seems to be cumbersome, won't it?

The machine [Brother MFC J6910DW] came with a software disc: "MFL-Pro Suite".

One thing I tried though that worked but not to my liking as it's different to what it used to be:

• When I open the email with a link in Outlook, I clicked on the the top menu "Other Actions"
  • Then I clicked on the drop down menu "View in Browser".
  • The email message, with the link in it, opens up in Internet Explorer window, where clicking the link in the message it then opens up.

Test it in Safe mode (Outlook safe mode, not windows safe mode). This will tell use if something - usually an add-in - is causing it or something deeper in the OS. Once you test some links, you can close and reopen Outlook normally.

In Outlook 2007, go to Tools, Trust Center, Add-ins. Are there any non-Microsoft add-ins that are either identified as Brother or that you don't recognize?

To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
Commodore Nothing in Drafts folder Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2010 Quick Print Attachment, nothing happend Using Outlook 0
F i retireved my emails but not there is nothing in my calendar Using Outlook 1
A File - Save Attachments does nothing in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2010 ... Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2010 Activities search finds nothing Using Outlook 4
G 3rd email account shows 15 emails but nothing there? Using Outlook 2
G Nothing in 'Sent Items' folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
F When I click on link in email nothing occurs Using Outlook 7
O Calendar - Location: what happens when using my own way of entering locations Using Outlook 1
J Change POP account to Forwarder - What happens in Outlook? Using Outlook 2
C What exactly happens when you reach the DB size limit? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
G What event happens when you open 2 copies of your inbox? Using Outlook 5
V What happens when "Resource" recipients are put in To/cc boxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R What's supposed to appear when just clicking into the search field? Using Outlook 7
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
S Calendar loops when clicking on calendar link to start it Using Outlook 1
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Clicking reply on sent emails TO field Using Outlook 2
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
V Clicking box to delete junk mail doesn't stay Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 freezing when clicking on TO button Using Outlook 2
Commodore Is IMAP automatically refreshed when clicking the folder? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
A No profiles created problem in outlook after clicking outlook icon Using Outlook 0
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
S Outlook hangs when clicking on Calendar BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
N Adding 'Add To Business Contacts' when right-clicking an email add BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2