Status
Not open for further replies.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello,
I was able to install apps from the MS Online Store for Word and Excel (all 2013). Then I saw a couple of apps I would like to install for Outlook 2013. So, I did the same procedure I did for Word and Excel, and when I got to the Apply button, it told me that I need Exchange Server. Does this mean I can't use Apps with out Exchange Server? Also, MS Website tells you to go to the File menu then go to Manage Apps. I don't have that, I just have File then Show and Disable Add-ins. See below:

Outlook-Addons.jpg Outlook-Apps-0.jpgOutlook-Apps-1.jpg

I would really like to install/add these Outlook 2013 Apps. If I do need Exchange 2013, can I install it on my computer and is it hard to set up? Also, do you have place to go to get more apps for Outlook? I would appreciate any help and/or advice concerning this subject.

Thank You.

David

Attachments

• Outlook-Addons-2.jpg
    Outlook-Addons-2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 481
Outlook 2013 apps do require Exchange 2013 to work. Stupid, I know... when I first heard that a year and a half ago, I thought "that's a sure way to kill apps" - we'll see if im right.

I know, that is the most stupidest thing I ever heard! Hasn't anyone said anything to M$? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. The one thing I don't understand is that the other apps in Office don't require Exchange. Do you know why you MUST have Exchange 2013 to have those apps for Outlook? Personally, I can't run Exchange 2013 because, right now, I only have a 32-bit machine.

Anyways, do you know of any apps for Outlook that will work with out Exchange 2013?

Thank You.

I don't know why they limited it to exchange only and I don't know if they will ever work without exchange mailboxes. I'm not really impressed with the current apps but if you want to try them, Microsoft has 30 day trials of Exchange mailboxes.

I like the $8 Enterprise plan which includes SharePoint but there are $4 and 5 monthly plans too.

Compare Office 365 for business plans - Office.com

I don't know why they limited it to exchange only and I don't know if they will ever work without exchange mailboxes. I'm not really impressed with the current apps but if you want to try them, Microsoft has 30 day trials of Exchange mailboxes.

I like the $8 Enterprise plan which includes SharePoint but there are $4 and 5 monthly plans too.

Compare Office 365 for business plans - Office.com

I just got done looking at the link above, and correct me if I'm wrong, Exchange is an online mailbox type of thing and/or it has something to do with Office 365? If so, I'll stick with what I have, I don't need the apps for Outlook that bad.

Thank You.

David

it's online mailbox - Exchange server mailbox to be exact.

Like I sais, I'm not impressed with the apps - and I expect them to die out in a year or so as there won't be a worthwhile installed base due to the limitation of exchange 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
jChambler BCM not installing properly with Outlook 360 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R Installing BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Error installing BCM: requires outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 25
M ctrl-c/v/x suddenly not working since installing office 2013/365 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010, Need to restrict domain users from installing any sort of a addin in outlook Using Outlook 2
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
R Missing Backup command in File menu after installing pfback.exe Using Outlook 2
S Installing Exchange 2007 on Outlook 2007 with a previous POP3 account Using Outlook 1
I Links not working after un-installing Google Chrome Using Outlook 2
S RE: BCM won't open after installing Office 2010 Beta BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Installing BCM 2010 on Server and Custom Form Layouts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Installing BCM2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Error when installing BCM for outlook 2007 from disk 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
K Outlook VSTO Add-in not visible in Trust Center after installing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B installing 3010 beta BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
N Email issues since installing BCM with Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Outlook security prompt after installing Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Problem installing the web based Microsoft Agent Communications Pa Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Installing Business Contact Mnger from Ultimate Steal BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
V Outlook custom form - installing and accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Installing BCM 2007 on Remote Server with MS Server 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B bcm NOT installing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Installing SQL Server 2008 Express with BCM installed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A Installing BCM 2003 on Vista PC BCM (Business Contact Manager) 11
T Problems re-installing Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Problem installing VSTO AddIn on Vista Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Problems re-installing BCM for Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J prevent user from installing wrong version of add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Migrating legacy (like, real legacy) apps to modern environment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Disable Outlook Add-ins (Apps) Using Outlook 0
C Unchecking "Send immediately when connected" does not work on apps that call Outlook Using Outlook 1
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Remove Outlook apps from Outlook Using Outlook 0
A Suggestions on ways to let apps create appointments in any user's calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
D Outlook 2010 registry hack - delete emails - Google Apps Using Outlook 0
1 mobile OS or apps for sync of all OWA/exchange PIM functions Exchange Server Administration 3
G Error in Outlook Object Model with redemption and google apps prem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Online Mode to Cached Exchange Mode problem Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
A .restrict results changing after moving to Exchange online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0