Links not working after un-installing Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvtrekin2

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I found the thread, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect'. Under the edit registgry part 2 looks like it should of solved my problem. When I went to the registry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Classes\html, there was not a html file for this or for ChromeHTML that I would of needed to change. I tried importing the registry key from the page but it still doesn't appear in the registry after I have done it. I need a little help on what to do next. Must not be doing something right. I am running Windows 7 and IE.

SleepTight

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I found the thread, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect'. Under the edit registgry part 2 looks like it should of solved my problem. When I went to the registry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Classes\html, there was not a html file for this or for ChromeHTML that I would of needed to change. I tried importing the registry key from the page but it still doesn't appear in the registry after I have done it. I need a little help on what to do next. Must not be doing something right. I am running Windows 7 and IE.
You need to set the default program for web browser. The default program used to be Chrome and since you removed it, Windows doesn't know what to do. Usually this is not a problem, when you uninstall 3rd party program like Chrome, the default should automatically revert back to Internet Explorer. Something has gone awry with your computer. You can fix this easily in Windows 7 by following these directions.

Start | Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs

On the left hand side, you will the list of programs. Click once on Internet Explorer. Then click on "Set This Program As Default".

Status
Not open for further replies.