Links not working after un-installing Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

irvtrekin2

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I found the thread, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect'. Under the edit registgry part 2 looks like it should of solved my problem. When I went to the registry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Classes\html, there was not a html file for this or for ChromeHTML that I would of needed to change. I tried importing the registry key from the page but it still doesn't appear in the registry after I have done it. I need a little help on what to do next. Must not be doing something right. I am running Windows 7 and IE.

I found the thread, 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect'. Under the edit registgry part 2 looks like it should of solved my problem. When I went to the registry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Classes\html, there was not a html file for this or for ChromeHTML that I would of needed to change. I tried importing the registry key from the page but it still doesn't appear in the registry after I have done it. I need a little help on what to do next. Must not be doing something right. I am running Windows 7 and IE.

You need to set the default program for web browser. The default program used to be Chrome and since you removed it, Windows doesn't know what to do. Usually this is not a problem, when you uninstall 3rd party program like Chrome, the default should automatically revert back to Internet Explorer. Something has gone awry with your computer. You can fix this easily in Windows 7 by following these directions.

Start | Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs

On the left hand side, you will the list of programs. Click once on Internet Explorer. Then click on "Set This Program As Default".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Hyper links not working in forwards or replies Using Outlook 3
L Location Unsafe Warning for Links Using Outlook 0
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
M Seeking PDF Recommendation for Outlook that retains links Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
S Macro to extract and modify links from emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F How to create phone number as links in notes of Contacts Using Outlook 2
R New Links on Navigation Pane, How to Remove? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Using Outlook Links Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 is killing me with object.links Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Saving Outlook attachments and links to attachments with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Outlook Links Won't Open In Windows 10 Using Outlook 1
B Assistance with Deprecated .Links Property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2013 conversation view ... missing links Using Outlook 3
W Add to Calendar links - auto accept with macro Using Outlook 1
L UserForm Code For Contact Links Using Outlook 76
R conerting links to images Using Outlook 3
S Question regarding contact links Exchange Server Administration 37
mrje1 mailto links in browsers don't open up outlook email Using Outlook 2
J links won't open from Outlook Using Outlook 1
P E-mail links Using Outlook 3
S Embedded links Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Ribbon - Creating Links To Websites or EXE Files Using Outlook 4
L Links do not work in my e-mails Using Outlook 1
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
K Can't use links in Outlook custom form text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Unable to open links in Outlook mail Using Outlook 2
E How does BCM links items BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Fixing broken Journal links to Contacts in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Working off line Using Outlook 0
H How to Fix 1510-370-1986 Garmin GPS Not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0