Status
Not open for further replies.

flo_eis

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

My company recently migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook 2010.

As our IT support is currently busy solving all kinds of problems, I'd like to ask for help.

A central part of my workflow in Lotus Notes was that I filed sent emails in my inbox to keep track of open questions/issues.

I created a rule in Outlook to save a copy of sent mails in my inbox.

Problem is that I don't see the recipients name on the first glance.

It just shows my name as sender.

In Lotus Notes you could see who you sent the mail to without opening the mail itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Florian

This is because the view is using the From field. If you use a single line view you can add the to field to the view.

If you use conversation view and show messages from other folders, you'll see the message and your reply together.

conversations.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
S Seeing Custom Fields in Contacts (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 0
O BCM Dbase Issues (both not seeing dbase & not allowing restore for wrong owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
C Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
N Custom Form Controls Not Visible To Recipient Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Daniel Schunk User-defined form arrives empty at the recipient Using Outlook 3
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Moving Emails Based on Recipient/Sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Signatures that contain recipient's email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
broadbander Needing help with reply/reply all while keeping attachments and adding a new CC recipient. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33
M recipient cache? Using Outlook 2
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
H How to show recipient email address? Using Outlook 0
R OL2010 - Send to Mail Recipient going to wrong account Using Outlook 1
J Searh For Recipient Email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Extracting only one recipient from Msgitem.To Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Display the Recipient Email Address in the Sent Items Folder Using Outlook 0
E Meeting reminders are set for the recipient Exchange Server Administration 9
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
B Recipient of a forwared message getting multiple emails Using Outlook 2
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
E Automatically pick up Recipient's Name on the Body of the Email Message Using Outlook 1
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Outlook underlining all text after being sent to recipient Using Outlook 3
W Change Template Recipient Automatically - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
L Contact Form - Recipient Control Field Using Outlook 2
J 2010 appointment for recipient shows as mail Using Outlook 3
K TextBox on Custom Form Page :: Passing value from sender to the recipient Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Recipient's name replaced by open and closed brackets! Using Outlook 2
R POP3 Mail repeating while sending to group of recipient Using Outlook 1
J Outlook messagebox with name recipient Using Outlook 1
J Recipient email address doesn't get underlined Using Outlook 4
G Published Email Form Doesn't Display Text Boxes to the Recipient Using Outlook 0
M Including a Public Calendar as a Meeting Recipient Using Outlook 3
N Reply from recipient Using Outlook 5
A 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list Using Outlook 1
S Meeting Requests - ex-employee being invite, but not in recipient list Exchange Server Administration 3
M Changing Outlook Account Based on Recipient Using Outlook 15
R OL10 - Send To "Mail Recipient" doesn't go to default email account Using Outlook 23
M Get recipient's email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10