Button to Forward and Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

consultant

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I want to add a custom button to Outlook 2013 that when I press it forwards the email to a pre-defined address and changes the sender address (from) to a standard address (as I'm using the button on multiple accounts but it needs to come from the same account), then, moves the message to a predefined folder.

I'd prefer the forwarded message not get saved to my sent items folder (I'm using IMAP)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Quick Steps can handle the Forward part but the messages will be sent from the account that received them. If you want always send from a specific address, you'll need to use a macro.

This should do it for you

Code:
Public Sub ForwardUsingOneAccount() 

Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account 

Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem 

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
  If oAccount = "me@domain.com" Then
    Set oMail = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1).Forward
      oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount
      oMail.Recipients.Add ("alias@domain.com")
  End If 

Next

oMail.Display 'or use .send 

End Sub

That is from http://slipstick.com/outlook/email/choose-the-account-to-send-a-reply-from/

Is that code appropriate to associate with a button to run the operation on the current e-mail being viewed? I don't see why if would have to loop through all the accounts? I do use though a macro to give me a unified view of the inbox of multiple accounts. I discovered the built-in Move to OneNote button does not work from that search view but I don't mind having to go into individual account inboxes to move items. Ideally though I could highlight multiple emails within the unified view and use the macro button to forward them (as described) and move them all to a sub-folder of the inbox in one particular account. I think that might be hard and maybe not necessary though. I could live I guess with using the sent folder in each account (or one account if that is how it ends up working) as my archive of the emails I forwarded. Trying to keep this simple.
What about moving the file after to a specified folder instead of the sent folder?

Yes, it will work with a button on the ribbon. The macro assumes the messages arrived on any of your accounts and you want to always send using Account B - so it needs to loop through looking for the correct account.

If you are moving mail to a specific folder, use a Quick Step. You can move sent messages to another folder - you can turn off the option to automatically save sent items and use an after sending rule to save everything in other folders.

Doesn't it make a difference that I want the e-mail to still go to the sent folder, but only go to a specific folder when I use this macro button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Forward email as insert from button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2013 Macros only run in VB editor, not in drop down or button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
Witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
J Command Button to stamp a date and time in a textbox in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A ScanPST finding errors but no Repair button Using Outlook 2
N Creating a button or link to a form in the Organizational Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Execute Add-In Button from VBA Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Command Button code will not execute. Any suggestions Please. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Reminder Dialog Open Button Using Outlook 2
Wayne Dardis Calling Ribbon Button in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Tanja Östrand Outlook 2016 - Create Macro button to add text in Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Categorize Button in Quick Access Toolbar Disappears on New Email Using Outlook 1
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Button to change subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Shortcut/button to a Calendar Group Using Outlook 0
soadfan Enable all rules from toolbar button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Creating meeting invite with disabled tentative button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Diane Poremsky Contacts are missing when you click the To button Using Outlook 0
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
makinmyway ScanPST.exe Missing Repair Button Using Outlook 15
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
J Send and Receive Button - only check default account? Using Outlook 1
A custom send button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Possibility to create a calendar button "remaining week"??? Using Outlook 3