Note Field (Any way to do incell editing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrje1

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello Everyone,

For a task, is there a way to do incell editing with the predefined note field? At this point I guess you can't, which is a bummer.

Thank you.
Note Field Can't Incell Edit..PNG

wow, I never noticed it didn't work in Tasks. It doesn't work in contacts either - I'm guessing they have it disabled for some reason - I coulda sworn it was editable in older versions but I could easily be wrong on that.

BTW, you could use a macro to pop up a dialog box to enter text then save it, but I'm not sure it will have a lot of benefit over just opening the item.

Thank you Diane for your help and assistance. It is kind of mind boggling why you can't. Is there a way to let them know to see if we can get a fix for it?

By setting a macro for this, would that dialog box open up as soon as you click the note field cell or how would that dialog box open?

Thank you so much again.

I'd have to look into it - but you'd probably need to click a button. I don't think we can detect clicking in the Note field in the view.

I'd have to look into it - but you'd probably need to click a button. I don't think we can detect clicking in the Note field in the view.

Ok, thank you. Is there a way to let Microsoft know and possibly get them to change it?

You can make a request at uservoice - but I will ask about it too. Many of my contacts are on vacation until Jan 4 so it will a while before I know their reasoning for the lock out.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Top (0 ideas) – Got an idea? - they just moved it from the Office 365 group, so you could be the first to make a suggestion. :)

Thank you very much Diane for your help. Much appreciated! Looking forward to see what they say. DONE! First one to add a suggestion. Never had that before. It kind of feels good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J images on note field display fraction of size Using Outlook 5
U No scrolling in note field of contact record Using Outlook 1
L Contact Photo For Calendar Note Field Using Outlook 4
L Contact Photo For Calendar Note Field Using Outlook 0
L How to acess the note field in contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
G Problem with reminders and the contact note field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
L Source Name for Appointment Note/Message field Using Outlook 0
0 Add a date stamp to the note field of a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Note field on general tab BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
W Get a "New Note" icon onto the QAT Using Outlook 3
D IMP.Note Versus REPORt.IPM.NOte Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M One Note as a mail folder Using Outlook 6
J Outlook 2013 Want to file a note after filtering with search current mailbox Using Outlook 3
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
N Adding a note to a e-mail which has been marked as follow up Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 Code for Note Fields of Appointment Using Outlook 102
L Outlook 2007 Contact Form - Note Fields Using Outlook 25
W Calendar Note Font Reverting Using Outlook 11
M Unable to search Note section in Contacts in icloud Using Outlook 7
J add note to body or notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments Using Outlook 12
M Outlook2007 and VSTO, handle the Click on the Save Button in the IPM.Note dialog HOWTO? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
justicefriends How to set a flag to follow up using VBA - for addressee in TO field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Checking for empty field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0