Storage for Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey Sandilands

Outlook version
Outlook on the web
Email Account
IMAP
I've just begun using Outlook.com because Outlook on my Mac keeps crashing. It doesn't have a great archiving option on Mac and I get a LOT of emails, which I just don't have time to keep deleting and managing. So for a mailbox with around 12,000 emails across 10 email addresses (some imap, some pop, some gmail and some exchange) I'm looking for an app that can handle it without my having to log in to each email address in a different program. Outlook OWA seems to be promising.

However, here's my question: I can't find out where the archives are actually stored. Are they stored in Outlook.com and if so, how much storage space do I get (I have the Microsoft Office Home subscription for $10 per month). After searching I found posts that said I only have 5 GB, and that won't last for long. I also have 1 TB in OneDrive though, but don't know how to set it up to archive older emails there instead of in the OWA. I have a 1 TB Dropbox account too, so I have storage up the yin yang but can't find how to use either of those options to store my email archive folders without a manual transfer operation.

Can anyone help?

thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The mailbox is 5GB, 10GB if you pay for the no mail version. The mailboxes will grow slowly as you get close to the max - however, if new mail comes in too fast, some might bounce. (The slow growth is to prevent users from uploading mail solely for the purpose of using it as an archive.) The only archive option is rules is move mail into folders - there is no offline storage.

If Windows is an option, you could archive to a pst and delete from the server, although that's not much better - it makes room on the server but the archive can only be read by outlook.

Apple mail is also an option, but it has the same limitations of outlook for windows when it comes to using the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J I cannot delete emails and I am over my storage limit. I have tried shift+delete and attempted to mo Using Outlook 1
V How to I get emails from my Windows Live STORAGE FOLDERS into Office 2010 Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
J OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND Using Outlook 12
G PROBLEM REGARDING OUTLOOK STORAGE LANGUAGES Using Outlook 4
M To set the storage folder for an outgoing Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Fozzie Bear Wishlist A built in Archiving system that allowed storage of messages on a normal file server Outlook Wishlist 1
Z Outlook and gmail, cloud storage and archiving Using Outlook 2
L Increasing the storage limit for the resource calendar. Using Outlook 2
M Do Database Storage Limits in Exchange 2010 SP1 affect Archive mailboxes? Exchange Server Administration 5
Y Exchange 2010 with DAG into the same storage Exchange Server Administration 1
A What is the recommended storage lun design for databases and T-logs ? Exchange Server Administration 4
M OWA (2003,2007,2010) How to enable or Disable efficiently in Bulk range Like Database/Storage Group/Server Exchange Server Administration 3
M Storage configuration for Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
O How to change the storage location for my PST file? Using Outlook 8
N Storage Quotas Exchange Server Administration 14
D Designing Storage and Databases for Separate Archives Exchange Server Administration 9
G storage of send mails Using Outlook 1
S False error for exceeding mailbox storage limit. Exchange Server Administration 6
M Exchange 2010 for 5000 users - Storage Questions Exchange Server Administration 3
M Removing recovery storage group exchange server 2007-problem Exchange Server Administration 4
T error: cannot sign in to outlook because storage quota is not available Using Outlook 2
X My Storage Folder (Filing Cabinet?) Files disappeared when I reloaded Outlook2007 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 how to backup for online data storage Using Outlook 1
S Storage is almost full. Using Outlook 1
M E-mail Storage in event of hard drive failure Using Outlook 1
F Mailbox Storage Design Help Exchange Server Administration 6
E Recovery Storage Group--mailbox delete Exchange Server Administration 5
M Exchange server 2007-Removing a recovery storage Exchange Server Administration 1
L Cannot send e-mail after changing mailbox storage quotas Using Outlook 2
A Portable outlook – pst as universal storage Outlook Wishlist 7
S Exchange Recovery storage Group Exchange Server Administration 8
L How I can obtain the text storage in a textbox in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2