Skype contact icons have disappeared at the bottom of email and meeting objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

I have noticed something very annoying in Outlook 2016 compared to Outlook 2013.

When opening either email objects or meeting objects, it used to be the case that any contacts included in the meeting or a recipient of the mail would appear as little squares with their Skype for Business picture at the bottom of the screen. More importantly their current status in Skype (busy, in a meeting, available etc.) cannot be seen. It used to be a coloured line at the top or bottom of each contact icon.

Now there is just nothing, no indication of the status of people invited to a meeting or their status.

This really seems like a step backwards. Is there any way of bringing this pane back? I would screenshot it, but it is no longer there to screenshot!!

that sounds like the people pane - is there a people pane button on the view ribbon, next to the folder pane, reading, to do bar buttons? You can turn it on or minimized there. if the button is missing, verify the social connector addin is enabled in file, options, addins. (if it won't stay on when you restart outlook, you'll need to set a registry key.)

As an FYI, they are discontinuing the social connector.

There are little balls or blocks in the message header area (of emails) and in the To/CC fields with the names, that show the status. You need to be signed into skype for business and may need to skype for business meeting addin enabled to see them.

OK - so... I did a bit of research after writing this mail to discover all you said... that it is the People Pane that is missing. As we upgraded from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016 this is now missing. Weird for starters.

The button you mention is not there and the Social Connector Addin is not present

I remember those balls/blocks that you talk about, however in both the 2013 and 2016 versions of Outlook here at my company those seem to have been deactivated!

Why on earth would one discontinue this feature? If I write an email to a group of people, I would like to know at any point in the future who is available to e.g. chat about the content of the mail. That is hardly an undesirable feature, it is almost necessary! I hope there are plans to have something replace it! Otherwise it is a huge step backwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Is Outlook 2013 still connected to Skype? Using Outlook 2
iwshim Skype tool bar in quick access ribon Using Outlook 1
Commodore Skype and contacts security/privacy Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
M Contact suggestion Using Outlook 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4