Outlook app for an individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 for Mac
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
It seems as though with Windows 10 and the recent changes, that I may not be making the best use of email by using my Outlook 365 home subscription. I will continue to subscribe, bu wonder if compatibility and response time would be better by using the web interface or Windows 10 mail. It seems like I get duplicates and lags when using the Outlook app. Any suggestions or best practices?

This is with an outlook.com account set up as Exchange? You shouldn't be getting duplicates if the account is in your profile once. (A client had an account in twice, as both pop3 and imap, and wondered why she had duplicates. :))

With an exchange account in outlook, response time will be a few seconds slower than outlook on the web - it's constantly syncing. You need to use the default send and receive settings when you use Exchange - don't tweak the S/R settings for exchange accounts. If you did, delete the *.SRS file at %appdata%\microsoft\outlook and let outlook rebuild it.

But... if you aren't using all of the features in outlook and the mail app meets your needs, then use it. If you need mail merge, macros, and other features only in Outlook, then you need outlook...

I really don't use the frills, but have 5 emails. I would assume even though I have no enterprise job anymore you are counting msn, live, and Hotmail as exchange. I have one gmail and actually one icloud (which will *NOT* setup in Outlook home 365.) Every time MS updates Outlook.com my calendars go nuts and I have to reconfigure them. Hotmail junk emails arrive twice for some reason, and I yearn to read and act on my emails without have to do cleanup each time. Thanks for listening.

I would assume even though I have no enterprise job anymore you are counting msn, live, and Hotmail as exchange.
Yes, because they are now running on Office 365 Exchange. (If you don't need to sync calendar & contacts, Outlook.com accounts can be manually set up as IMAP - pop3 is supported if you turn it on in outlook.com options.)

I have one gmail and actually one icloud (which will *NOT* setup in Outlook home 365.)
The iCloud account won't work? It's just an IMAP account (for email) and works here - calendar & contacts require icloud (or Itunes, if you turn off cloud sync).

Every time MS updates Outlook.com my calendars go nuts and I have to reconfigure them.
Now that Outlook.com is on Office 365 and EAS is turned off, this shouldn't be a problem going forward.

Thank you. I am so glad Uncle Gus referred me to this site 20 years ago.

You're making me feel old. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
Horsepower Google says Outlook 2016 is not a secure app Using Outlook 4
avant-guvnor Outlook for Android app alternative Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
T Copying Outlook Account Setup For Desktop App Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2016 - Mail Not Syncing With iPhone Outlook App Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Bulk Delete Contacts in iOS Outlook App Using Outlook 4
G Use contacts from"People" app in Win10 in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J IPAD Outlook OWA App - Help using Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
J Can I get real Outlook functionality in an Ipad app? Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
F This is currently a Lotus Notes app. Can Outlook / Exchange do this ? Using Outlook 3
J Outlook App for Android Exchange Server Administration 2
J ever since I started using Outlook, I cannot get an email from an app I use Using Outlook 2
D Great Outlook App That Allows Contact Search from Desktop Using Outlook 0
D Android/desktop App for sending to Outlook inbox? Using Outlook 1
J 32-bit app using 64-bit Outlook COM objects? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook Web App - calendar week number is incorrect Exchange Server Administration 6
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0