Merge .pst files (without structure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Up front: I know how to merge .pst files (after creating a new .pst import the other .pst, etc.)
Also dragging folders.

However, for the below scenario I haven't been able to figure out how to proceed.

The (archive) .pst files that I have only contain folders with contents.
Like:
CustomerArchive
CustomerA
CustomerB
CustomerC
etc.

when I click on the name of the archive pst (CustomerArchive) nothing is displayed.
when I click on the folder CustomerA, CustomerB, CustomerC, the contents of those folders are visible.

Now .. after creating a new Archive.pst, I will create a subfolder in that new .pst, e.g. Customer-A-F,
I want the separate folders from CustomerArchive imported into the subfolder Customer-A-F in the new archive.pst.

The new Archive(.pst) should then read as follows
Archive
--- Customer-A-F
------ CustomerA
------ CustomerB
------ CustomerC

note: drag & drop will ask a confirmation for each action, with the amount of subfolders that is too much work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
=

Unfortunately, i don't think there is an easy solution.... right click and move folder (or use the ribbon command) will not trigger the dialog but it's still an extra click... it really depends on which is less annoying.

if they are in a different pst, using import is a lot more steps as you'd need to repeat the steps for each folder.

ClickYes should be able to eliminate the need for you to click yes... i don;t think you could automate it using a macro (plus testing it would waste more time than you'd save. :))

Thank you Diane.
I also tried to :
- first create an empty new archive
- create a subfolder in that new archive
- then opened the old archive and tried to export into the new archive subfolder
but I don't believe that will work either.

The only thing left is the 'standard' merging.

Anyway, thanks again.

=

Export should work - you need to do one folder at a time and select the source and destination folders. But it's really too many steps... worse than clicking Ok every time.

Thank you again Diane.

BTW, if you had a lot of folders to move and know some vba, you could probably automate it using folder.copyto - Folder.CopyTo Method (Outlook) - but if its a onetime thing, doing it manually might still be the fstest.

If you have a large no of PST file then it may cause trouble in opening one by one and also time consuming. so you need to merge PST file at single place, it make easy to access the files and remove duplicated .

there is two way to merge PST file :

(1)freeware or manual

(2)Commercial ware or third party utility

Manual way is quite slow & time consuming and it is not reliable too because there is chances of losing data files. In manual way you need to be technical, you can't miss any single steps if you did then PST file may got corrupted or you lose some data files.

Thank you Diane and thank you Bruce.
At the end I decided to merge the pst files manually. Admittedly it took a while.
(Obviously, in case of an older system, merging larger pst-files, it could be a really boring thing_)

Bruce: I was aware of the merge pst file tool and I am sure it is a perfect tool. I did have a look at it,
before I started this thread.
Hpwever, I believe it offers its best value when when used on a more or less regular basis.
As for me, it would be a one-off thing only and in that respect, for myself, I could not justify the price.
Even though it is, undoubtedly, a great tool and has a lot to offer!

Anyway, thanks again.
=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R How Do I Merge Several PST Files? Using Outlook 4
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
B Need to merge PST, and remove duplicate items Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
L Merge two contacts folders Using Outlook 1
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Mail merge to single contacts + contact groups? Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
S Merge Emails with attachments with inbox rule to forward Using Outlook 5
iwshim outlook mail merge -rich text Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
H Mail Merge status remaining "Not Executed" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
iwshim mail merge and add the contact picture outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
A Reply/Forward Emails using Mail Merge BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S Custom field not populating in Custom View or Mail Merge Exchange Server Administration 2
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
A Two outlook calendars - how do I merge them Using Outlook 3
M Using mail merge with stationery Using Outlook 5
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
P Mail Merge vs Direct Mail Print BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
R specify from account in mail merge Using Outlook 3
G Mail Merge via Proxy Email? Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2007 Mail Merge not working anymore Using Outlook 1
S mail merge and cc Using Outlook 2
A E-Mail Merge to All E-Mail Addresses on One BCM Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R My email merge/business contact manager fields are not populating BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How-to Mail Merge with an attachment? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
B Marketing Campaign BCM 2007 – Word 2007 Merge Fails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Outlook - Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Recommendation for PST repair program Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 Bad experience with KernelAPPS PST Repair program Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5