Separate Read Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiedean

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi all first post here, just wondering about an issue I'm having with Outlook 2016 When I go into dev mode and try and tick the "Separate Read Layout" option it shrinks the page up on the screen?

Can't find an answer to the problem anywhere so if anyone can shine some light on this would be great. I'm in the process of making an OFT file and need this option to work so I can create labels, text and combo boxes.

Thanks

Untitled.png

i couldn't repro in a quickie test on my desktop. Are you using a hi-res computer? i've seen similar behavior in other areas of Outlook on my 4K laptop (but have not customized forms on it) I'll test it on the laptop.

Thanks Diane for the reply, I might just have to finish the project at work I think as it doesn't happen on the work pc ... probably as you say maybe a resolution issue. My system at home is not overly flash but running at 1920x1080 screen resolution.

That's not a bad screen resolution and it should work fine on it. But it's not the resolution, i think its just outlook being goofy and i have a workaround.

I misread the post this morning - i thought it happened when you use separate read layout and switched between editing read and compose. Tonight I'm on my hi-res laptop and decided to test it here too and realized i read your post wrong.

I unticked separate read layout and have the smaller window too. I have the form maximized and when i clicked the Restore button, the form corrected itself. When i ticked separate layout, the form size goofed up again, but clicking the restore/maximize button fixed it. In additional tests, just dragging the edge to resize fixed it.

Many thanks Diane I'll give that a go today, appreciate your assistance with this. Will let you know how I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Separate Read Layout Editing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Separate Internal and external emails in outlook Using Outlook 1
T Reinstalled OL2010 now have 3 separate inboxes and contacts missing Using Outlook 2
M setting up 2 separate businesses in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P [SOLVED] How to separate/show appts by users on one sheet Using Outlook 2
N separate signatures for different accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Separate string in email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Does Bus. Cont. Mgr run separate from personal database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z WebView doesnt function with separate pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Increase read pane font size, but NOT image size? Using Outlook 3
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
M Cannot read the calendar Using Outlook 9
Z Outlook 365 delete reminder you can’t make change to contents of this-read only folder Using Outlook 4
A Inbox didn't got read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
A Read and Write to Text File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Email Read and Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Making Subject field writable (disable Read Only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M How can I determine which user read an email Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Mark Sent Items as Read After Copying with a Rule Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Edit and Save Outlook's Read-Only Attachments Using Outlook 0
Rupert Dragwater Some mailboxes show deleted items as not read Using Outlook 5
K cant read email or open attachement Using Outlook 0
R Reply marks read message as unread Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013 either fails to mark messages as read or marks them as read, then un-marks them. Using Outlook 1
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
M Sorting messages by read/unread status Using Outlook 8
C Mark all incoming emails as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
FirefIy Marking message read only if replied to the message or Ctrl+Q. Possible? Using Outlook 1
A give User Read Only access to secondary mailbox in Exchange 2010 via AD Exchange Server Administration 1
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
JR Ryan Outlook marks all as "Read" issue Exchange Server Administration 2
R Cannot read Chinese message after import Using Outlook 2
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Oh please read---> Extracting email web leads on to excel spread sheet Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
C In need of VBA code to read / parse HTML - Outlook emails Using Outlook 0
A Can't read my mails if they are on a folder... Using Outlook 0
M Unable to read HTML Using Outlook 2
J Cannot read incoming emails Using Outlook 2
P Custom field is read only Using Outlook 1