Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view

Status
Not open for further replies.

donwyllie

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi All,
I am trying to find a way to prevent the popup asking to save changes when opening an appointment you have been included as an attendee. When opening an appointment made from the main calendar this does not happen. I have a very particular client who has a problem hitting the enter button when he does this, so looking for some VBA script or a Powershell Exchange setting that would prevent this from happening. Appreciate the help!

I have this same problem and would love to learn how to address it. I suspect it's outlook changing the color of visited links in the calendar entry, but haven't found a way to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0
S How to prevent addins Using Outlook 0
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Prevent Users From Choosing Stationery Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
oliv- Prevent copying shared contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
I How to prevent exchange email account from sending emails in Outlook Using Outlook 4
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
N Prevent reminder dismisal in shared calendar Using Outlook 1
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
R Exchange 2010 archive-prevent users moving items direct to archive Exchange Server Administration 1
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
K How to prevent that Outlook is sending before my add-in is finished? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Prevent sending Excel files as attachements Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Script to either modify "from" address or prevent a reply being se Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J prevent user from installing wrong version of add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Prevent Changes to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J WshShell.Popup does't timeout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
L How do you turn off Outlook contacts "hints" popup Using Outlook 2
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5
T Unable to 'Upload a file' using popup 'Browse' button Using Outlook 0
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment Using Outlook 1
moron save as & file location dialog box popup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Country name no longer shows in Phone number popup? Using Outlook 5
P POP mail password popup after I deleted the accopunt Using Outlook 6
L Auto-set followup/reminder popup box for ALL sent emails. Using Outlook 0
M Cannot change category in inbox; Can change it in popup Using Outlook 0
C Disabling "Do you want to save changes?" Meeting Popup? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2007 SSL selfsigned certificate how to stop security popup everytime? Using Outlook 10
H Popup asks for password of an email account Using Outlook 1
I Notification/Popup Box not showing on right side Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Desktop alert, notification, popup - turn off programattic Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Files in "Attach File" popup menu no longer alphabetical Using Outlook 3
H popup window "Location Information" Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3