Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffy1803

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
For the past ten days, every new email has been pinned, instead of going into my Inbox.

I found a command "generate reports" and now have these reports: LegacySettings.txt, ViewStateConfiguration.txt, UserOptions.txt, SweepRuls.txt, InboxRules.txt, BulkActions.txt, FilterFolders.txt, DefauktViewIndexer.txt, ScheduledFolderLog.txt and SweepRulesLog.txt.

The InboxRules.txt report seems the most relevant. It's extremely long - had I printed the report it would have filled 145 pages of Word - so instead, I searched the report. It had found four entries from websites that I've visited. There was nothing in the report that looked as if it was a rule related to my pinned new emails.

The only anti-virus program I use is Defender.

What should I do to stop it happening please?

Is this showing up in web mail or in Outlook desktop? Pinning is currently not working in the desktop version - but is coming. (It worked in the fall, but was temporarily disabled - if you have an older build, it could have pins enabled)

Do you access the account from a phone or webmail? Both can pin.

For the past ten days, every new email has been pinned, instead of going into my Inbox.
Pinned mail goes into the inbox - its just pinned to the top.

My outlook.com must be an older version because every new email goes into a long list of pinned emails every time I log in. I've had over 100 new pinned since I created this.

My outlook.com has had problems ever since Microsoft 'upgraded' me from hotmail years ago. I've had lots of little niggling problems the Bing answer to which is generally "click on the File tab at the top of your mail". but I haven't got a File tab. Below is the list of options after I've opened an email.

Outlook - File tab missing 2021-01 31st.PNG

In addition, the Heading on my mail is "Outlook" (see below) although I've been told by some that it should show Outlook.com

Outlook not outlook mail 2021.PNG

Hoping you can help me.

Outlook missing tick and options. 2016-08 11th 1820.PNG

That is web mail.

If its pinned, it should still be in the inbox - just pinned at the top.

2021-02-15_4307.png

Did you check for rules? There is a pin action in rules. .
2021-02-15_4407.png

That is web mail.

If its pinned, it should still be in the inbox - just pinned at the top.

View attachment 3237

Did you check for rules? There is a pin action in rules. .
View attachment 3238
My issue with this is that previously the decision to pin an email was mine. Now every email is pinned.

I've followed your route to Rules and in My Rules there are many email addresses and the actions that I have selected. These are mainly 'Delete', with a few 'move to Inbox' and a few 'move to Folder Junk email. (The latter are from sources that I'm monitoring because I'm undecided at the moment what I should do.)

But nowhere do I see an action that says 'pin/unpin' i.e. this sudden change by the system to pin every new email is not because of any action that I've taken. What should I do now please?

have you had chance to look at this, Diane, please? I've had dozens more new emails pinned instead of going into my InBox since I created this. In case it's relevant, the problem didn't co-incide with a Windows Update, as happens very occasionally.

Are the messages actually pinned, like in my screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
B Forward every other email in Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F POPIP Windows for every new email Using Outlook 2
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L automating a BCC on every email Using Outlook 1
M I am receiving 2 of every incoming email. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
Witzker Customized Ribbon lost every now and then Using Outlook 3
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
C Shading every other week on monthly calendar Using Outlook 4
P errors appear every time I run SCANPST Using Outlook 3
L How to automaticlly Send/Receive every 3 mins but override send if send/receive is pressed Using Outlook 2
K add pdf to every reply or forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I shared mailbox - can i create a rule (vba) for every user? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A reminder for every 15 working days Using Outlook 11
JessicaMB Every 5 minutes I get an ICS error Using Outlook 1
K Revert AutoArchive settings via GPO (Run Autoarchive every...) Using Outlook 4
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
P Edit Subject for every sent message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Enter Network Password box pops up every few seconds Using Outlook 2
K Help! I selected every contact and mistakenly made them all the same category Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 custom font style duplicates itself every time I save a task Using Outlook 0
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
A docmessageclass, not every contact converting Using Outlook 18
L Setting up recurring meeting for every thursday except 3rd thursday Using Outlook 3
I Auto Complete disappears every time a user logs out Using Outlook 1
D Updating a recurring meeting cuses a reminder to be sent for every occurence. Using Outlook 2
N Recur Appointments Every 4 weeks EXCEPT for School Holidays Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2007 Freezes (Pauses) Every 30 Seconds Using Outlook 2
T Outlook makes every appointment recurring and set to the current date/time Using Outlook 2
C send mail every days Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Stop Search folders from disabling every 1-2 days? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Re: Alert message every hour based on type/number of mail messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1