Shading every other week on monthly calendar

csalerno

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there a way to shade every other week in the Outlook Calendar either by custom settings or a vba macro?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, not really.

You could use categories to shade, but it's not an optimal solution IMHO, because you need to set the week long event to busy or tentative to shade the days. (This generally won't be a problem if you aren't using an Exchange account and need to share calendars with coworkers. )

While it looks nice on an empty calendar, it is messy on a busy calendar.

csalerno

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you Diane, Do you have the steps inwhich you accomplished the above?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's just a recurring appointment. My calendar is Sun - Sat, so i started it on Sunday, for 1 week duration, recur every 2 weeks on Sunday. Set the Free/Busy to Busy or tentative (for hashed lines) and assign a category.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2007 Sort Column Shading Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 Weekend Shading Using Outlook 12
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
P errors appear every time I run SCANPST Using Outlook 3
B Forward every other email in Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L How to automaticlly Send/Receive every 3 mins but override send if send/receive is pressed Using Outlook 2
K add pdf to every reply or forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F POPIP Windows for every new email Using Outlook 2
I shared mailbox - can i create a rule (vba) for every user? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A reminder for every 15 working days Using Outlook 11
JessicaMB Every 5 minutes I get an ICS error Using Outlook 1
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Revert AutoArchive settings via GPO (Run Autoarchive every...) Using Outlook 4
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
P Edit Subject for every sent message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Enter Network Password box pops up every few seconds Using Outlook 2
K Help! I selected every contact and mistakenly made them all the same category Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 custom font style duplicates itself every time I save a task Using Outlook 0
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
A docmessageclass, not every contact converting Using Outlook 18
L Setting up recurring meeting for every thursday except 3rd thursday Using Outlook 3
I Auto Complete disappears every time a user logs out Using Outlook 1
D Updating a recurring meeting cuses a reminder to be sent for every occurence. Using Outlook 2
N Recur Appointments Every 4 weeks EXCEPT for School Holidays Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2007 Freezes (Pauses) Every 30 Seconds Using Outlook 2
L automating a BCC on every email Using Outlook 1
T Outlook makes every appointment recurring and set to the current date/time Using Outlook 2
J Outlook search index not saved - rebuilds every time I start the program Using Outlook 2
F Schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute Using Outlook 1
D I am having the problem that Outlook 2010 is checking for email via send /receive approximately every thirty seconds. Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Requests for Network Password every Send/Receive cycle Using Outlook 2
B Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: Events occurring every 30mins. GUID doesn't exi Exchange Server Administration 6
L Reminder comes up every time I open outlook, even though the appointment has been changed to a future date. Using Outlook 1
J IMAP email headers reload every time I click on a folder (slow!) - no cache?? Using Outlook 4
N When I try to import a large CSV from Excel to an Outlook folder, the program crashes... Every time. Using Outlook 2
B Error 4202 and Error 5102 every time I send/receive Using Outlook 1
R the signin box pops up every minute or so while in outlook. The email address and pw are already filled in but you still have to hit the enter box to Using Outlook 1
D I see two of every result when searching in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 automatically opens 2 browser tabs every time an email is highlighted Using Outlook 15
K When printing an email the printer goes to manual feed every time. How do I disable this in Office Using Outlook 2
T Receipt of copy of every email sent out. Using Outlook 1
N I use the keyboard to delete emails and every so often the focus changes to the reminders window and I delete reminders by mistake Using Outlook 1
L Receiving identical set of emails downloading into Outlook inbox every day, sometimes twice a day si Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 index rebuilt every day Using Outlook 2
J 2 copies of every gMail email in my Outlook Using Outlook 1
T I am getting delayed and failed delivery notices for messages to every day contacts. It is causing some problems. Thanks Using Outlook 2
L Since Exchange 2010 SP1 upgrade, Mail Submission service is restarting every 24 hours in the early m Exchange Server Administration 11
B Outlook 2002 (SP3): Even though I've checked 'Remember my password,' Outlook still requires that I enter it every time I open the program ea Using Outlook 3
P AVG Adds Two Messages to Every Email Using Outlook 4
J I have just installed office 2007 on my pc....now when I want to send an email and hit the spell check on the bar it highlights just about every word Using Outlook 1