Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I had an issue recently which necessitated creating a new profile and adding my existing mail accounts into it (old profile deleted). Custom forms were gone but I knew how to resurrect them, not so with custom views - they are also gone but I've no idea if they are stored somewhere or whether I will need to manually reconstruct them - anyone?

What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, or Microsoft Exchange?

They are stored in the account's data file or the default data file - if you lost them, you must use an IMAP account. If they were in an Exchange mailbox, they will sync down - they are one of the last things to sync.

Thanks Diane, I have an Office 365 Exchange account i.e. an ost file. The views didn't sync, and even more annoyingly, having realised they were not that difficult to reconstruct, I recreated one yesterday, and checked that it was working and visible in the 'Manage Views' dialogue. This morning on starting up Outlook only the default views are shown, my 'reconstruction' is nowhere to be seen. These are calendar items and the custom views have been in use for years without issue. There is only one Outlook profile. Puzzled -any thoughts?

This is getting stranger, now when I click on the calendar for that account, most of the ribbon options disappear and all I see under view options is as per the screen print i.e. no 'change view' or 'view settings options' . I will delete and re-add the account into the profile to see if it makes any difference.

Screenshot 2021-05-14 120955.jpg

It didn't make any difference!

What is your version and build of Outlook?
Check for updates then restart Outlook.

It's possible they are still in the data file but something is corrupt. You can export them using mfcmapi - I'll get you the instructions (but need to geta loaf of bread in the oven right now.:))

Thanks for reply Diane, but I've spent considerable time on the phone to MS support today as things took a turn for the worse and my calendar view decided to lose half the ribbon, particularly the Change View and View Settings options! As a result I have had to do a full repair install of Office, and jump through various other hoops, so I doubt the custom views are recoverable now anyway!

Since its an exchange mailbox, they should be one the server and sync down - provided you did not open outlook using the cleanviews switch.

If the install is corrupt, they might sync down when its fixed.

No, the custom views haven't synched, despite the install now being fixed and everything else working fine. I didn't use the cleanviews switch. I'm about to reconstruct manually. Never did answer your question about the Outlook version, it's 2104 Build 13929.20372 Click-to-Run.

Doh - ignore previous post, when I went to start rebuilding them they were already there, never doubted it for a minute! Would appreciate the notes on mfcmapi for future use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P anyone use 4n6' Eudora Conversion program or other programs? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2021 Can anyone explain why my Outlook views keep changing?! Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 2
J Can Anyone Help?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M can anyone recommend an alternative to DS auto-followup? Using Outlook 2
V Anyone Using CodeTwo Sync for iCloud ? Using Outlook 28
S Anyone know how to transfer Outlook Express "Identities" to Outlook 2010 ... Using Outlook 1
M Anyone with this Microsoft Outlook issue can help? Using Outlook 1
C Anyone found a way to customize search? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
R Anyone have a sample macro for Outlook 2007 (setting the zoom)? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2016 How tell Outlook not to trust sender? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
T How to tell if someone is blind copied on an email? Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Changing where data .pst is saved to Using Outlook 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
J OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND Using Outlook 12
C Long List Of Outlook 2016/Outlook.com Bugs // Where To Report? Using Outlook 10
S Views ans Where Settings AreSavd Using Outlook 4
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Where did Evenote come from? Using Outlook 6
tswatek Issue with where Outlook saves new contacts Using Outlook 3
snissen Where is "Edit Message" in Outlook 2016? Using Outlook 2
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Mark Foley Where are Outlook categories save for IMAP? Using Outlook 12
T Where did my categorized emails go? Using Outlook 1
H Where to post code in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
P Where are the cached emails stored? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D VBA Script (Ask to where to save send mail) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2013 People Pane - Where is the "Add" button for social networks? Using Outlook 4
J Lost contacts.pst afer sync with iCloud: where has contact.pst disapperaed to? Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2013 contacts - Where to find "Display as"-field Using Outlook 2
J Linking Contacts to a Message Where the Contact isn't an Addressee Using Outlook 1
L How do i choose where i file my sent messages? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Contact Card opens in margin of screen where I can't see it Using Outlook 3
P Where the heck is the data? Using Outlook 10
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
B Can't locate in Outlook custom form where is message from Using Outlook 4
B help: where are outlook2000 email accounts stored Using Outlook 14
Rupert Dragwater Where to find folders in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
S Where is the BCM SDK?? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Where are my emails that I already? Using Outlook 1
G Where are Saved Reports physically stored? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Where is Launcher, the custom action for Exchange server? Exchange Server Administration 1