Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
My email service that I have had for over 15+ years discontinued the email service, I got notice several months ago and rather than wait I started using my Gmail email address as my main email address. when I setup my Gmail in account settings on the email tab I made the Gmail the default but in the data tab I forgot to set the Gmail as default or it could have been the other way around on email tab I didn't change it but on data tab I id, to be honest I forget.

I've kept both emails in my account settings because I knew I might get some important emails to the discontinued one prior to the date it stopped. I also have a lot of email in folder under that old email that I wanted to keep.

I'm starting to get the login window pop up every time email is checked which tells me that the old email service is starting to close down.

My questions are,

1. If I remove the .pst for the old email in the email and data tabs in account settings will the folders under that email be removed? if so how best can I copy them to my new email so I don't lose any of the folders and emails ?

2. I just noticed today that all my calendar entries have been saved to the old email not the new one. I assume because I didn't set the new email as default in one of the tabs email or data in account settings. I will show you a pic of my calendars as they are now. Is there any way to transfer things from the old email calendar to my new email calendar? The green calendar is the one all my appointments or reminders are being saved on. I want to change that to the blue one and also copy the old ones over before removing that account from my Outlook 2010?

calendars.jpg

What type of email account? If it is a pop account, remove the email account but leave the pst file. You’ll have the old mail and whatever is in it.

You can move calendar to a gmail ost file but it won’t sync to the gmail server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both were setup as pop. I'm a bit confused, if I remove account won't all the folders be removed as well. I'm not sure how to remove account without removing the .pst from account settings. Could you please give me some step by step instructions so I don't screw this up. Is it possible to copy the folders in Outlook from one account to the other or the emails in the folders.

As far as the calendar I never use Gmail on the web only on my desktop in outlook. So if I can copy the things on the old calendar to the new one that is fine. once again I have no clue how to move by the ost file some step by step instruction would be very much appreciated.

If I can copy the folders or create folders in the new email and the move the emails from old to the new I can remove the old .pst that would be the easiest way if possible. Just a thought

***UPDATE***

Since I replied I figured out how to move folders from one email to the other, just highlight folder and select move folder and then I chose where in the new email to put it and it worked fine so now all I need help with is the calendar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013 Possible interference by Telstra ISP with Hotmail Password Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
V Is it possible to collect statistics from Outlook forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
S Is it possible to cusstomise selectable Options in Kalander. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
BretAB Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Possible to hide ribbon with custom appointment form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
semnaitik Is it possible to recover content from a 0KB PST file? Using Outlook 3
J Is this possible to do with a macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
D Is it possible to automatically send an email when it is moved to a folder? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Exchange setup not possible with outlook.de username Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
H Is it possible to create a view that only show the first task in a list? Using Outlook 1
H Is It Possible to See Who Has Viewed My Calendar in Exchange? Using Outlook 2
P Is it possible to convert address book to "Auto-Complete List" (NK2)? Using Outlook 5
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
J convert .pst to .eml, how is it possible? Using Outlook 1
S Is it possible to recover a permanently deleted email from my .OST file? Using Outlook 0
M Is it possible to restore deleted webmail to server? Using Outlook 3
P Is it possible to write a macro to email to all addresses of selected contacts? Using Outlook 1
D is it possible to have both a POP and IMAP account in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 5
C Is it possible to have contacts sync real-time between Outlook and iCloud? Using Outlook 1
P Is it possible to sort emails by COUNT of "From" field? Using Outlook 2
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
S Possible to link to ics file without importing? Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2003 - possible to recreate corrupt account? Using Outlook 3
FirefIy Marking message read only if replied to the message or Ctrl+Q. Possible? Using Outlook 1
O Script to move emails to a folder based on various possible keywords Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
A Is it possible to remove the word Categories: from task list views? Using Outlook 2
B Is it possible with Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Steve Jacobs Possible to configure TNEF options based on *sender*? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Is it possible to backup Outlook.com/Outlook 2013 Email & Calendar info? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
O Is it possible to go from BCM Office 13 back to BCM Office 2010? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Show field from account on contact form - possible? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Possible to modify people preview window? Using Outlook 1
T OL BCM 2007 - Possible to migrate SQL Server Express 2012 ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
V Name of attachment in replies (HTML) - possible?? Using Outlook 12
C Is it possible: List of URL fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Frequently used response short cut possible macro Using Outlook 1
mrje1 Assigned Categories keep getting deleted in mail, bug? How to fix if possible? Using Outlook 5
Commodore Exporting all contacts to VCF files possible? Using Outlook 4
M I'd like to alter the appointment balloons. Possible? Using Outlook 6
J Is it possible to highlight a folder in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
L I want ONE calendar if possible with no overlaying Using Outlook 1
S possible to access my PST file on the Internet Using Outlook 2