Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes..
I know, this has been asked a trillion times.

With me the image IS displayed alright, but when replying it is then removed.

"
The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that
the link points to the cored file and location."

Question: is this correct? Nothing can be done about it.

I followed the "The linked image cannot be displayed-solutions"

SnagIt-19072022 142802.png

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
DisableCachingOfSSLPages=0

SnagIt-19072022 142415.png

SnagIt-19072022 142336.png

I do not have any "BlockHTTPimages" in the registry. This is often mentioned as a 'solution' for the problem.

But, as said, maybe in case of replying this is normal behavior..

Thanks

Are you seeing it when you hit reply or is the recipient seeing it?

It's not an unusual occurrence, especially with embedded images - the html gets rewritten a little and outlook gets confused.

Thanks.

I am seeing this when I hit reply. The sender included a screenshot in the message.
When I hit reply the screenshot is gone. Most probably the recipient sees the same then.

Okay, when this is more or less normal, then I'll let it rest.

Personally, when I send an email with a screenshot embedded, I'll also add it as an attachment.
Just to make sure.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
T Error opening mail with pictures - "The linked image cannot be displayed" Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2007 crash linked to gdiplus.dll Using Outlook 0
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Linked (online) signature images Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2013 , iCloud linked calendar, events one hour ahead for about a month Using Outlook 5
S Filter by accounts but communicate to all linked contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Please help! -- Linked Account field at Business Contacts tab is always empty BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
W Mass emailing to contacts linked to accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Mistakenly Linked my Outlook.pst file extension to open with Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Change Columns of Linked Accounts and Business Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Does a deleted inbox message stay linked to it's contact? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K How do I view the linked contacts to a business account (2007)? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C create a button go to linked account on a task form BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Importing Business Contacts linked to Accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Increase read pane font size, but NOT image size? Using Outlook 3
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y Images coming through as Cid:image in outlook Using Outlook 0
L Block email signature image Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Image Quality in Signatures Using Outlook 0
O How to move contacts folder image of a drive Using Outlook 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
G Image scaling on high DPI screens Using Outlook 1
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Picture/Image/Attachment Resizing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
J Image in original e-mail is hyperlinked when a reply with the image is hyerplinked Exchange Server Administration 1
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
G Create rule based on image in email body Using Outlook 1
I How to add image header to email Using Outlook 2
E Outllook 2010 Header Image Using Outlook 3
R Add image within email and not attachment Using Outlook 2
B Need help adding an image next to the Month Name in the header. Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2k/2k3 Reply or Forward: Signature image replaced by original sender Using Outlook 3
A Vanishing signature image in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Save embedded image in native format Using Outlook 6
C Email image problems Using Outlook 6
A Unhandled exception: picture argument should be an image BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P disable image compression Using Outlook 5
D Unable to resize image in email signature Using Outlook 4
K Adding Image to "new email window" in Office 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Adding a background image to a mail item using automation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook: Get Image Content ID from existing email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Database Files to be Copied from Backup Image - No BCM Backup Data BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
K Re: embeded image change Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5