Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKenSee

Outlook version
Outlook 365 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I run Outlook (Office 365/ Microsoft 365) both in MacOS and Windows (virtualized), but mainly on the Mac. Available Contact fields differ somewhat between the two, but I assume that the data still is saved in the cloud. I have not been able to export contacts into a CSV file on the Mac side, and unfortunately not all fields are exportable in Windows. I have even tried (in Windows) listing all my contacts with all fields showing as columns, then selecting all of the contacts and fields to copy into Excel. However, the fields do not remain correctly lined up in Excel after copying.

I previously used ContactGenie (which I loved) to export but it is no longer compatible with Microsoft 365.
1. Does anyone know of utilities or VBA code that can export as well as re-import all fields?
2. Are there any third-party applications that can sync all contact fields to an IOS (iPhone or iPad) - for example, the "Referred By" field is very important to us, but I cannot access it while using Apple products. All CRMs that I have investigated only allow a subset of Contact fields to sync.
3. Does Microsoft provide any tools, APIs, etc that would allow a 3rd part party programmer to access and sync ALL fields?

However, the fields do not remain correctly lined up in Excel after copying.
This should only happen in multiple line fields when you copy and paste. But... for contacts, all fields should be exported (except custom fields). What fields are not exported?

3. no.

In the message, on the Message tab, in the Names group, click Address Book. In the Address Book list, click the address book in which you want to search for names. For the Search box, click More columns. Type the information, or part of the information, that you are searching for.

Hope You Find This Useful,
Peter

BTW - forgot these earlier:
1. Does anyone know of utilities or VBA code that can export as well as re-import all fields?
I have some VBA code samples, but they don't cover every field. Adding the fileds would be easy enough, but you need to do it. :)
This one imports the calendar but would be easy enough to fix to use contacts

Export - this is email but gain, its not a biug deal to change the item type.

and the no-export way -

2. Are there any third-party applications that can sync all contact fields to an IOS (iPhone or iPad) - for example, the "Referred By" field is very important to us, but I cannot access it while using Apple products. All CRMs that I have investigated only allow a subset of Contact fields to sync.
No, none that I'm aware of.

I have not been able to export contacts into a CSV file on the Mac side
The mac version does not support exporting to CSV. Outlook on the web can export, but I don't believe it exports all of the fileds in outlook desktop (because on the web version doesn't support all of the field).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
n2b Accessing Plain Text Draft Without Outlook Using Outlook 3
P accessing custom task pane with Outlook ActiveInspector Using Outlook 1
mikecox Accessing Outlook on my Win7 desktop from Win8 laptop Using Outlook 1
S Programmatically accessing Outlook Calendar data Using Outlook 1
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Programmatically accessing Outlook properties Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Accessing .pst folder in outlook using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Accessing Outlook 2003 Signature Programmatically using C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Outlook Forms-Accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook custom form - installing and accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Accessing .MSG Property 'ImageNaturalHeight' Tag '0x80010003' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Accessing ExpiryTime property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing BCM with Excel / Running Reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Using Outlook 1
A "Unable to display the folder" error when accessing Group mailbox Using Outlook 0
Commodore Accessing mail from multiple devices Using Outlook 1
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
R Accessing folder 'Other Contacts' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Accessing Global Address List details with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K assistant accessing from her home computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Accessing _RecipientControl1 (Assigned To) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Daily hours of recurring/ multi-day appts, & accessing mult calend Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA Exchange Server Administration 16
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5