OneNote Add-in. Can I send tasks, notes etc to OneNote? Not sure if working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrje1

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello Everyone,

I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 x64.

I am not sure if the OneNote add-in is working properly or how it works inside of Outlook. Because I can't seem to see the send to OneNote add-in for sending tasks or notes etc. When I open an email that is the only place where I can see the add-in.

Thank you for your help and assistance.

Re: OneNote Add-in. Can I send tasks, notes etc to OneNote? Not sure if workin

Do you have the onenote icon on Contacts? I have the OneNote button on contacts and Tasks in Outlook 2010, plus on mail - I'll bring up a outlook 2007 machine and verify it there too. But if its on mail, that means the addin is not disabled.

Do you have the onenote icon on Contacts? I have the OneNote button on contacts and Tasks in Outlook 2010, plus on mail - I'll bring up a outlook 2007 machine and verify it there too. But if its on mail, that means the addin is not disabled.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your help and assistance. I just tested it and actually it is there in terms of Contacts and Email. I didn't realize that it is there only when you open the contacts or left click, but can't seem to get it in Tasks or notes inside Outlook 2007.

Does OneNote work for Tasks or Notes inside Outlook 2007?

Thank you again.

It looks like onenote 2007 is limited to mail and contacts - and pushing tasks to outlook. I knew 2010 has more interaction between the two but had forgotten how limited it was in 2007.

It looks like onenote 2007 is limited to mail and contacts - and pushing tasks to outlook. I knew 2010 has more interaction between the two but had forgotten how limited it was in 2007.

Thank you for the info and assistance. I guess I will have to wait until I upgrade to 2012 version if it comes out this year.

i'm guessing spring 2013 as its not in beta yet.

i'm guessing spring 2013 as its not in beta yet.

Do you think Microsoft Office will come out at that time too? I was waiting because I thought it would come out this year that's what I thought I read.

I have no idea - but going by past experience, the beta is released outside of microsoft in Feb/Mar and lasts for about 6 months... they sign off on it in late fall - Nov/Dec period and release it to volume licensing soon after. Approx 3 months later they release the retail versions. That was how it was for the last 2 or 3 versions.

The bottom line you think it will be 2013 from past experience?

Yes. Whether it is spring 2013 or some other time, it will take about a year to complete the beta process. A public beta will probably available for download a few months after it's released to a test group and a trial version soon after it's released to corporate users - so you should be able to get your hands on a usable version before the end of the year.

Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Add-In or Other to Make Outlook More "OneNote Like"? Using Outlook 5
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
O VBA or other solution for Outlook tasks to OneNote Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Outlook Notes to OneNote (2010) Using Outlook 4
L Outlook and OneNote Tasks Using Outlook 1
P Transfering Outlook 2007 Contacts to OneNote Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 07 and OneNote 13 Using Outlook 1
A Outlook to Onenote link stopped working Using Outlook 7
A meeting notes (send to onenote) link in 2013 Using Outlook 5
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
L isn't there an OL add-on that flags addressee before sending Using Outlook 3
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6