Dates changes to 1899 when Tab key hit in Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CathyW

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I am running Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. I notice that, first, when I hit the tab key going into the Time entry, it does not highlight so I can just type. I have to delete what is there and type the time. If I then hit the tab key instead of clicking using the mouse, it changes the date to 12/30/1899. Interestingly, this only happens when I am in the Calendar portion of Outlook. If I am in Contacts or Mail and select New Appointment from the File menu, I get the time highlighted and can tab out of the time area without the date changing. Once I move into the Calendar, double clicking on a particular date or clicking on the New Appointment causes this problem.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks.

Cathy

Are you using a custom appointment form? Any addins?

Does it work correctly if you use safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

Are you using a custom appointment form? Any addins?

Does it work correctly if you use safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

I am using a custom form because I wanted the default for free/busy to be free. I was told the only way to do this was to edit the form which I did. Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

It may not be the form causing the problem. Test it with the default form and see if it works correctly. That will tell us if its the form or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
V Why is "Value Required" checkbox greyed out for Dates? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
O Outlook 2016 follow-up flags--how can I add dates? Using Outlook 1
L Entering dates in Contacts and Calendar Using Outlook 4
O highlighted dates in Yearly View for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Extract Dates for Appointment Item in Body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
1 Incorrect dates in sent folder Using Outlook 4
C Many Expiration Dates in Custom Form Using Outlook 1
N To Do bar showing incorrect due dates on tasks Using Outlook 4
O automate dates in outlook template Using Outlook 1
R adding anniversary dates in outlook Using Outlook 2
B Birthday dates automatically (and improperly) placed in Birthday Details Using Outlook 2
D Task Start and Due Dates Using Outlook 3
T Conditional dates in Outlook Calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
C dates missing when importing emails Using Outlook 5
S Inserting Dates With Quick Parts (or Macros) Using Outlook 4
K Recurring Tasks on specific dates, not pattern Using Outlook 0
S Reminders and Due Dates in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
D Sending Multiple Meeting Dates in One Meeting Request Using Outlook 4
A Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook? Using Outlook 4
T comparing and subtracting sent and received dates Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D offline fatabase on laptop not remembering TASKS dates BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T How to deal with Upcoming GMAIL changes Using Outlook 2
O Unable to make changes to an existing Calendar entry Using Outlook 11
C Tracking Calendar Changes? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Form style totally changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Message Window Changes Size and Position Using Outlook 1
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P Account Changes Using Outlook 4
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Spell Checker Changes -- Not as Predictive as Previously Using Outlook 3
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
M receive mail when appointment category changes and create task from appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark Foley Outlook prompts for IMAP user/PW when domain PW changes Using Outlook 0
K outlook 2010 changes text tab position when sending Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8