comparing and subtracting sent and received dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom in Tunis

I'm not a programmer and am looking for some help to solve a relatively

simple task. We are using Outlook 2003 but will eventually migrate toOutlook

2007 I expect. There are about 50 email requests per day. Let me explain the

process.

Group A receives an email with a request from User Group. Group A forwards

the email with the request to Group B. Then Group B sends the email to Group

C, which is copied to the User Group.

I am going to be copied at each stage of the process. I wish to keep track

of the following: (1) duration of time (days + hours) that Group A keeps the

email received by User Group before sending it to Group B, (2) duration of

time (days + hours) that Group B keeps the email before sending it to Group C

(which is cc'd to User Group). Each email received by Group A has a unique

subject line, but the subject line changes when Group A forwards the email to

Group B. The subject line of the email received by Group B is re-used by

Group B when sending the email to Group C. User Group is complaining that

there is too much delay in the processing. User Group only sees the date of

their email request enters and the date their request is satisfied. For each

email request, I wish to be able to have enough info to know where the delays

occur.

Thanks for any assistance.
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

So, just what kind of help are you looking for? Confirmation that this is

feasible? (Can't say at this point, without knowing what information might

be available to correlate the messages received by Group A with those

received by Group B.) Someone to write code for you?

Sue Mosher

"Tom in Tunis" <Tom in Tunis> wrote in message

news:415B2044-3E4E-4615-9833-CBC25E6086A9@microsoft.com...
> I'm not a programmer and am looking for some help to solve a relatively
> simple task. We are using Outlook 2003 but will eventually migrate
> toOutlook
> 2007 I expect. There are about 50 email requests per day. Let me explain
> the
> process.

> Group A receives an email with a request from User Group. Group A forwards
> the email with the request to Group B. Then Group B sends the email to
> Group
> C, which is copied to the User Group.

> I am going to be copied at each stage of the process. I wish to keep track
> of the following: (1) duration of time (days + hours) that Group A keeps
> the
> email received by User Group before sending it to Group B, (2) duration of
> time (days + hours) that Group B keeps the email before sending it to
> Group C
> (which is cc'd to User Group). Each email received by Group A has a unique
> subject line, but the subject line changes when Group A forwards the email
> to
> Group B. The subject line of the email received by Group B is re-used by
> Group B when sending the email to Group C. User Group is complaining that
> there is too much delay in the processing. User Group only sees the date
> of
> their email request enters and the date their request is satisfied. For
> each
> email request, I wish to be able to have enough info to know where the
> delays
> occur.

> Thanks for any assistance.

>
 
T

Tom in Tunis

I'd be interested to know what conditions are needed to be met in order to

make it feasible. I should add that there is an attachment to the originating

email from User Group that is processed and then sent by Group A to B to C.

The subtraction of dates from emails in two separate Outlook folders I

expect is straight forward. The common identifier could be the subject, when

Group A sends the email and attachment to Group B, and Group B forwards on to

Group C. I am cc'd on both messages and put these messages in separate

folders.

But when the the subject line is changed by Group A from what User Group

used as a subject line, then I wonder how easy it is to track the email and

attachment through the subsequent processing steps.

As to writing the code to do the job, that is the next step. I do need

someone to write the code.

Thanks.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> So, just what kind of help are you looking for? Confirmation that this is
> feasible? (Can't say at this point, without knowing what information might
> be available to correlate the messages received by Group A with those
> received by Group B.) Someone to write code for you?
> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Tom in Tunis" <Tom in Tunis> wrote in message
> news:415B2044-3E4E-4615-9833-CBC25E6086A9@microsoft.com...
> > I'm not a programmer and am looking for some help to solve a relatively
> > simple task. We are using Outlook 2003 but will eventually migrate
> > toOutlook
> > 2007 I expect. There are about 50 email requests per day. Let me explain
> > the
> > process.
> > Group A receives an email with a request from User Group. Group A forwards
> > the email with the request to Group B. Then Group B sends the email to
> > Group
> > C, which is copied to the User Group.
> > I am going to be copied at each stage of the process. I wish to keep track
> > of the following: (1) duration of time (days + hours) that Group A keeps
> > the
> > email received by User Group before sending it to Group B, (2) duration of
> > time (days + hours) that Group B keeps the email before sending it to
> > Group C
> > (which is cc'd to User Group). Each email received by Group A has a unique
> > subject line, but the subject line changes when Group A forwards the email
> > to
> > Group B. The subject line of the email received by Group B is re-used by
> > Group B when sending the email to Group C. User Group is complaining that
> > there is too much delay in the processing. User Group only sees the date
> > of
> > their email request enters and the date their request is satisfied. For
> > each
> > email request, I wish to be able to have enough info to know where the
> > delays
> > occur.
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> >


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

You would need some way of matching up the messages sent at each stage. If

the subject changes, it's not going to be useful for that purpose.

Sue Mosher

"Tom in Tunis" <TominTunis> wrote in message

news:B5965061-3B4E-418B-AC99-737A7B0840FA@microsoft.com...
> I'd be interested to know what conditions are needed to be met in order to
> make it feasible. I should add that there is an attachment to the
> originating
> email from User Group that is processed and then sent by Group A to B to
> C.

> The subtraction of dates from emails in two separate Outlook folders I
> expect is straight forward. The common identifier could be the subject,
> when
> Group A sends the email and attachment to Group B, and Group B forwards on
> to
> Group C. I am cc'd on both messages and put these messages in separate
> folders.

> But when the the subject line is changed by Group A from what User Group
> used as a subject line, then I wonder how easy it is to track the email
> and
> attachment through the subsequent processing steps.

> As to writing the code to do the job, that is the next step. I do need
> someone to write the code.

> Thanks.

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > So, just what kind of help are you looking for? Confirmation that this is
> > feasible? (Can't say at this point, without knowing what information
> > might
> > be available to correlate the messages received by Group A with those
> > received by Group B.) Someone to write code for you?
> > > > Sue Mosher
> > >> >> >
>
>> "Tom in Tunis" <Tom in Tunis> wrote in message
> > news:415B2044-3E4E-4615-9833-CBC25E6086A9@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm not a programmer and am looking for some help to solve a relatively
> > > simple task. We are using Outlook 2003 but will eventually migrate
> > > toOutlook
> > > 2007 I expect. There are about 50 email requests per day. Let me
> > > explain
> > > the
> > > process.
> >> > Group A receives an email with a request from User Group. Group A
> > > forwards
> > > the email with the request to Group B. Then Group B sends the email to
> > > Group
> > > C, which is copied to the User Group.
> >> > I am going to be copied at each stage of the process. I wish to keep
> > > track
> > > of the following: (1) duration of time (days + hours) that Group A
> > > keeps
> > > the
> > > email received by User Group before sending it to Group B, (2) duration
> > > of
> > > time (days + hours) that Group B keeps the email before sending it to
> > > Group C
> > > (which is cc'd to User Group). Each email received by Group A has a
> > > unique
> > > subject line, but the subject line changes when Group A forwards the
> > > email
> > > to
> > > Group B. The subject line of the email received by Group B is re-used
> > > by
> > > Group B when sending the email to Group C. User Group is complaining
> > > that
> > > there is too much delay in the processing. User Group only sees the
> > > date
> > > of
> > > their email request enters and the date their request is satisfied. For
> > > each
> > > email request, I wish to be able to have enough info to know where the
> > > delays
> > > occur.
> >> > Thanks for any assistance.
> >> >

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cimbian comparing two contacts lists Using Outlook 5
R Comparing external list of names to contact entries? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Outlook not saving Sent Items Using Outlook 4
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 4
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
L Outlook/O365 "sent on behalf" behaviour Exchange Server Administration 1
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS Many Sent Item folders Using Outlook 3
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
V Emails remain in Drafts folder even though they have been sent Using Outlook 4
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
V Emails going into Drafts instead of Sent folder Using Outlook 3
V Items missing in Sent folder Using Outlook 10
M Print email and, attachments sent in hyperlinks in the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
A Replies being sent from wrong account Using Outlook 8
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
icacream Rule based on sender / wrong sender sent to folder Using Outlook 7
icacream outlook keeps neither SENT or FORWARDED messages... they vanish ! Using Outlook 4

Similar threads

Top