Pickfolder question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Salad

If I run

Set olfolder = olapp.GetNamespace("MAPI").PickFolder

and select a folder, the TypeName is always "MAPIFolder". Is there a

property or method to determine if it's an inbox item and not a contact

or journal item?
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
See the object browser (f2) for what properties are available for a

MapiFolder object. The one you're looking for is DefaultItemType.

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:32:34 -0800 schrieb Salad:


> If I run
> Set olfolder = olapp.GetNamespace("MAPI").PickFolder
> and select a folder, the TypeName is always "MAPIFolder". Is there a
> property or method to determine if it's an inbox item and not a contact
> or journal item?
 
S

Salad

Michael Bauer wrote:


> See the object browser (f2) for what properties are available for a
> MapiFolder object. The one you're looking for is DefaultItemType.
>


Thank you. I came up with

Inbox - 0

Calendar - 1

Contacts - 2

Tasks - 3

Journal - 4

Notes - 5

PersonalFolders was 0 as well as Inbox. I dragged a couple of messages

to PersonalFolders, it says it has 2 items in it, but I can't view them

now, it's like they disappeared.
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Is it because you have "Outlook Today" displayed for the top level folder?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Salad" <salad@oilandvinegar.com> wrote in message

news:rOGdnXmqgJolTR7WnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> Michael Bauer wrote:
>
> > See the object browser (f2) for what properties are available for a
> > MapiFolder object. The one you're looking for is DefaultItemType.
> >


> Thank you. I came up with
> Inbox - 0
> Calendar - 1
> Contacts - 2
> Tasks - 3
> Journal - 4
> Notes - 5

> PersonalFolders was 0 as well as Inbox. I dragged a couple of messages to
> PersonalFolders, it says it has 2 items in it, but I can't view them now,
> it's like they disappeared.
 
S

Salad

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
> Is it because you have "Outlook Today" displayed for the top level folder?
>


I wish I knew what to reply. I dragged 5 old emails of various dates to

Personal Folders. If I dbl-click on the Personal Folders, the window

"Outlook Today" appears.

On the right side of the window is "Inbox;Drafts;Outbox;Personal

Folders". They all show a count to the right of each name except for

Personal Folders. Each folder has a line underneath it. For Personal

Folders, the line is truncated partway and the count does not

display...like it's empty.

If I double click on it, I get a "runtime error has occurred. Do you

wish to debug? Line 297. Access is denied." The line it breaks on is

document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();

After I see the runtime error message, whether or not I enter debug

mode, if I click on Inbox or any of the others folders and then click on

Personal Folders I get a large grey window with a line in the middle in

big bold letters saying "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office

Outlook could not access the specified folder location."

Besides that, everything else seems to run OK. This is on a standalone

PC. If I exit Outlook and return, I'm fine unless I double click on

Personal Folders again.
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

So I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish: if you do not want to

see the Outlook Today web page, you can trun it off in the folder properties

(RMB on the folder, Properties, Home Page).

Or do not drag messages to that folder

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Salad" <salad@oilandvinegar.com> wrote in message

news:r9-dnfZhOJ0FuBnWnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
> > Is it because you have "Outlook Today" displayed for the top level
> > folder?
> >

> I wish I knew what to reply. I dragged 5 old emails of various dates to
> Personal Folders. If I dbl-click on the Personal Folders, the window
> "Outlook Today" appears.

> On the right side of the window is "Inbox;Drafts;Outbox;Personal Folders".
> They all show a count to the right of each name except for Personal
> Folders. Each folder has a line underneath it. For Personal Folders,
> the line is truncated partway and the count does not display...like it's
> empty.

> If I double click on it, I get a "runtime error has occurred. Do you wish
> to debug? Line 297. Access is denied." The line it breaks on is
> document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();

> After I see the runtime error message, whether or not I enter debug mode,
> if I click on Inbox or any of the others folders and then click on
> Personal Folders I get a large grey window with a line in the middle in
> big bold letters saying "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office
> Outlook could not access the specified folder location."

> Besides that, everything else seems to run OK. This is on a standalone
> PC. If I exit Outlook and return, I'm fine unless I double click on
> Personal Folders again.
>
 
S

Salad

Dmitry Streblechenko wrote:
> So I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish: if you do not want to
> see the Outlook Today web page, you can trun it off in the folder properties
> (RMB on the folder, Properties, Home Page).
> Or do not drag messages to that folder
>


Is this under File/Folders/Properties in Outlook? I turned the Personal

Folder under the HomePage tab. That hides the page. But I can still

drag messages to Personal Folders in the the FolderList window...which

is what I did.

I'll run some code to remove the emails from Personal Folders. I'm just

wondering if my emails, dated a couple of years ago, taken from a couple

of inbox subfolders, threw it off.

Thanks for the advice on turning off the page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D.Moore PickFolder dialog "extension" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Pickfolder, modOpenSaveFile, clsCommonDialog Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S set the initial folder in PickFolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
D a general question re how backup programs handle pst files ... I have no problems, just curious Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
D.Moore SendAndReceive question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Transport Rule to detect Keyword question.. Exchange Server Administration 2
N Question Using Outlook 8
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
CWM030 Another Quarantine question Exchange Server Administration 0
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
CWM030 Email Catagorties question Using Outlook 1
MahdeeyaAbdulla Friend's outlook question Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
M Question about nested distribution lists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A question about installing office 2013 Pro and using my .pst from office 2010 Using Outlook 12
rerun101 Question about message options Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Question: Is there a rule that will save email in Windows Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Question on address book Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
V Question on pop email Using Outlook 2
D a general question regarding data files Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2007 - Email Question - POP3 to IMAP Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Advanced Search Question Using Outlook 1
adaminaus Quick question if i may Using Outlook 4
T Business Projects question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
V question about personal and shared calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
A Basic BCM question about sync to Outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Jeff Rott Diane Question on "Use in a Run a Script Rule" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Custom Forms: Question about retaining form information throughout the entire conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D OST question Exchange Server Administration 5
Mr Mayor Another recurring meeting question Using Outlook 1
V iCloud question Using Outlook 3
J "Specific word in body" question Using Outlook 1
A Newb-ish question Using Outlook 2
A The hardest VBA/Outlook question yet Using Outlook 1
S DAG question Exchange Server Administration 0
P Outlook File Extension Question Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 Calendaring Question Using Outlook 0
K Syncing outlook with iCloud question Using Outlook 5
T Outlook Prf/Automation question Using Outlook 2
T Settings question Using Outlook 6
D Question re: Grouping by Due Date vs. Sorting by Due Date Using Outlook 1
IGWright Outlook 2013 .pst Question Using Outlook 10
F To Do Bar question Using Outlook 1
T I recently changed my pop3 email to an imap - question on folders Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone please answer a question about tasks for me Using Outlook 2
S Question regarding contact links Exchange Server Administration 37

Similar threads

Top