machines with Office '03 and Office '07 on them. Is there a way to change the

settings of the incoming and outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook on all

machines at once? A batch file or something? Are the Outlook server settings

in the registry?

GPO ??

Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Shawn Hime" <ShawnHime> wrote in message

news:8C86DBC2-0980-4301-818C-A3BE383906A0@microsoft.com...
> I have approx 110 PC's in my network and I will need to change the incoming
> and outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook for those machines. I have
> machines with Office '03 and Office '07 on them. Is there a way to change the
> settings of the incoming and outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook on all
> machines at once? A batch file or something? Are the Outlook server settings
> in the registry?

Thanks Peter. I thought about GPO but I don't see anywhere in GP to set

incoming and outgoing smtp settings for Outlook.

Shawn

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> GPO ??

> > Peter

>

>

> http://www.microsoft.com/protect

> "Shawn Hime" <ShawnHime> wrote in message
> news:8C86DBC2-0980-4301-818C-A3BE383906A0@microsoft.com...
> >I have approx 110 PC's in my network and I will need to change the incoming
> > and outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook for those machines. I have
> > machines with Office '03 and Office '07 on them. Is there a way to change the
> > settings of the incoming and outgoing SMTP server settings in Outlook on all
> > machines at once? A batch file or something? Are the Outlook server settings
> > in the registry?

> .
>

Hello everyone.

How was this issue solved? I have the same situation and need to change incoming and outgoing server settings on my 500 clients. I have outlook 2010 on all the clients. I have gone over and over the outlk.adm and cannot find the setting to enable me to change in and outgoing server ports. please help.

GPO can';t do it, sorry. There are links for more information at the bottom of the page I linked earlier.

Thank you Diane. I saw the link and Im still trying to find my feet. I have managed to create a .prf file but my challenge is that instead of updating the existing profile, Im ending up creating a new profile. Im using OCT for ofice 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
G Date Stamp in SUBJECT BOX of Outgoing/Incoming Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Aussie Rules Run a Script on an Incoming Email OK and then the Email reverts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
T Incoming Mail Changes Fonts Using Outlook 0
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Capture incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Changing notification sound for new incoming messages in Outlook 365/2016 Using Outlook 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P Use VBA to alert if new incoming email fits criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text from incoming emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
Danny2015 how to change incoming mail conversationtopic successfully Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox. Using Outlook 3
A Incoming mail not downloading Using Outlook 2
G Rule starting a VB macro against incoming email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Setup expire date for incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Some fonts the wrong size in incoming emails in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 6
C Mark all incoming emails as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
A Gibberish Titles & Attachments @ incoming Outlook 2013 emails Using Outlook 1
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Best way to identify/designate contacts in incoming emails? Using Outlook 4
J How to sort incoming email that is sent to a different address to my main one? Using Outlook 1
M Incoming invites to my imap account does not sync to outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 29
S The incoming task is not valid ((when users are accepting a Task) Using Outlook 5
Commodore Unified inbox or incoming messages view Using Outlook 27
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
A Alerts on incoming emails which are not responded since 1 day Using Outlook 1
J Cannot read incoming emails Using Outlook 2
G Modify Subject line of incoming mail where I am in Cc line Using Outlook 1
J Incoming emails going to wrong sub-folder Using Outlook 4
S Rule to Auto-forward/re-direct a specific incoming email to a group via BCC? Using Outlook 1
F How to change all incoming fonts to black? Using Outlook 3
T Unset alerts from incoming email Using Outlook 11
S Outlook incoming mail & color blindness Using Outlook 2