printer name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Q2FuZGFjZQ

Can someone tell me what code belongs between the two statements below in

order to print an email to a printer called MyPrinter?

Sub PrintToMyPrinter()

End Sub

I am going to assign this code to a button and put it on an Outlook toolbar.

I am told that anything that can be done with menu choices can be done in

code. Essentially this is what I would be doing if I were to use the menu

options:

--> File menu

--> Print submenu

--> use drop-down list to change the printer name to "MyPrinter"

--> click OK

However, this is cumbersome even if I only do it once a day. Changing the

Windows default printer is not an option.

There's nothing in the Outlook object model for that, and no access to that

dialog settings.

"Candace" <Candace> wrote in message

news:6D459188-737B-44F0-BD81-B7E40E9B7585@microsoft.com...
> Can someone tell me what code belongs between the two statements below in
> order to print an email to a printer called MyPrinter?
> Sub PrintToMyPrinter()

> End Sub

> I am going to assign this code to a button and put it on an Outlook
> toolbar.
> I am told that anything that can be done with menu choices can be done in
> code. Essentially this is what I would be doing if I were to use the menu
> options:
> --> File menu
> --> Print submenu
> --> use drop-down list to change the printer name to "MyPrinter"
> --> click OK

> However, this is cumbersome even if I only do it once a day. Changing the
> Windows default printer is not an option.
>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Body text of email disappears when I scan an attachment from printer to email Using Outlook 1
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
S Nor printing to Epson printer Using Outlook 3
K Printing Rule to Other than default printer Using Outlook 2
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Site name? Using Outlook 1
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A rule name into message - how? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
ill13 Prepend the user's computer name to the subject. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Automatic Greeting "Hello Name," when Reply All is clicked Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I 'quote marks' around email name Using Outlook 1
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
U Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 sender name Using Outlook 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 14
glnz O365 - How to control whether my From name shows as "Dicky". Using Outlook 2
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan Sender Field Displays My E-Mail Address, Not My Name Using Outlook 1
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
M Automatically add senders first name to a greeting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
R Search/Jump to a folder by typing its name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
Nadine Rule to move attachments with specific name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geofferyh How to change the Attachment File Name? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
CWM030 Name Server's Exchange Server Administration 15
CWM030 Name Change? Exchange Server Administration 9
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
L Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33