Connector Forces Outlook 2007 To Hang On Send/Receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirReddSir

Outlook version
Email Account
I'm running Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium.

A few weeks ago, while trying to send/receive, Outlook started to lock itself up. It would allegedly send/receive some of the email addresses, but only go part way for my hotmail address. Once that happens, any future send/receive commands do nothing.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook Connector twice. That only allows things to work well until I reboot the computer, and then it's back to crappy again. I've also tried removing just the Hotmail accounts, and that lets things work quickly again... but doesn't really solve the problem. I've also (upon a recommendation I found when searching for solutions) tried grouping my accounts, so that the send/receive doesn't have to do everything at once, but that doesn't fix anything either.

I think my next step it to completely uninstall Outlook, and start again from scratch.

In Outlook I currently have (deep breath), 5 POP Gmail accounts, 9 IMAP accounts from my website, 1 POP account from another site, and 3 Hotmail accounts. But I'm pretty sure it's Hotmail that's breaking things.

Please help!!!

How many accounts are on the same server? That is frequently a problem with so many accounts - outlook only opens 4 threads to a server (to avoid looking like a DoS attack).

All 3 hotmails are the problem or does it work with just one removed? I've seen others say #3 caused problems. The 9 imap accounts may be a problem too - they should be split into different send/receive groups.

UPDATE

So I've continued trying to solve this annoying problem... and made some progress.

I added all the accounts I had on my desktop Outlook, to my laptop's Outlook (desktop runs Vista, laptop runs 98). Once added, the laptop's Outlook locked up just like the desktop's! That's progress!

I removed two or three of the accounts, just to see what would happen, but kept the three Hotmail accounts. For some reason, once that happened, things started working again on both computers.

So the problem appears to be too many accounts, not necessarily Hotmail or Connector. But why? Why should multiple accounts crash Outlook to the point where it can't send/receive from any account, and where when I try to exit out of the program, it prevents it from shutting down (I have to close it from the Processes menu of the Task Manager).

Any advice on how to fix that?

It' probably too many imap accounts - outlook is a poor imap client as it is. Like Cathy, i've heard people say 3 hotmail seemed to be one too many but no one ever said how many imap... so it could be a combination of the 2.

Also, make sure the check every xx min setting is high enough - start with no less than 8 -10 - with so many accounts I'd start with at least 15 min, maybe more with 9 imaps. Add more time if the accounts are on one server. Outlook opens only 4 connections per server so checking imap folders can be a slow process. If you use a low time, like 1 or 2 min, its still checking when the next send/receive kicks in - this can cause outlook to hang and the processes to not shut down properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Microsoft Outlook Connector 14.0.6123.5001 - Help! Using Outlook 6
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 0
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Goodbye, SharePoint Social Connector Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Change the Social Connector Account Using Outlook 0
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky LinkedIn Social Connector Provider: Going Away Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 sync problems with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
A Problems with Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P Social connector not working with LinkedIn? Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Social Connector, Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2013 and Social Connector Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2013 using DAMO (connector for Domino) Sent Items Issue Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Repeatedly Requesting Password via Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
E Zimbra Connector and Search Using Outlook 10
P Encoding problems after synchronization with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T syncing email using Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
S Receiving/accepting meeting invitation into new calendar (outlook connector) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Outlook connector only works when set to default Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
kburrows Outlook 2013 - Removed Social Connector, LinkedIn and Messenger Reappear Using Outlook 7
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Problems with connector. Error message 80041003 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
I Duplicate contacts in iPhone resulting from LinkedIn connector in Exchange Using Outlook 3
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D How to correct Outlook Connector Live ID Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
V Creating Distributions in Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Hotmail Connector messed up my Wifi Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Has Outlook Connector just lost all my folders?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Outlook Connector only works for a day?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Social Connector Deployment Using Outlook 1
P connector categories bug Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
R Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhere" Using Outlook 3
V Outlook Connector not syncing to Outlook 2003 AND 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook Connector error syncing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A) Using Outlook 4