Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Fisher

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
I would like to create a shortcut to open attachments, but I can't seem to figure out how. Does anyone know how to edit shortcuts in Outlook 2010?

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
AFAIK, you can't. Are you trying to replace the context menu's view attachment command?

Robin Fisher

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
I don't know what the context menu's view attachment command is. I would like to be able to go through a number of emails, open each email's shortcut, view it, then close it, all without having to use the mouse.

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
In older versions you could select a message (using the keyboard) and click the context menu key on the keyboard (replicates a right click) - the menu had an option to open the attachment. This was removed from outlook 2010, much to the annoyance of many users.

AFAIK, there isn't a shortcut to get into the attachment field in the message list - tab won't put you into the reading pane.

If the message is open, tab (or SHIFT+TAB if you need to go backwards) will get you to the attachment row - then use the arrow key to select messages. Enter to open in their application, select to preview in the reading pane (if supported).

Status
Not open for further replies.