Searching emails sent/recieved on a specific date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKSMT

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Recently my company upgraded our computers so I don't know if this is a Windows 7 problem or Outlook 2007 problem. To tell you the truth I don't know what outlook I had before, just that I had XP and now windows 7. Before I had a search program that let me search all files on the computer, maybe because it was an add-on to XP, but it was great I could search only emails, only pdfs, and more to the point, by their save date. Now with Windows 7, their search feature does not let you search by date.

So at this point I would still like to search by date. As my day goes by emails I get, I archive them in project files or specialized folders, so there is no way that I know of now to go back two weeks ago and see what emails I sent or received on a specific day. When I enter into the search box at the top right in outlook, a date, it does not search date sent or received field, it only looks in the body or subject line for what was entered. Is there any way to do what I need?

You can search by date.

this format gets mail between the dates:

received:( >1/15/2010 AND <4/15/2010)

To include results from the dates, add an equal sign or use two periods between the dates:

received:( >=1/15/2010 AND <=4/15/2010)

received: (1/15/10..6/15/10)

Instant Search Queries | Slipstick Systems

Try this again -

received:(>1/15/2010 AND <4/15/2010)

To include results from the dates, add an equal sign or use two periods between the dates:

received:(>=1/15/2010 AND <=4/15/2010)
received: (1/15/10..6/15/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Short term workaround for when Outlook searching stopped functioning Using Outlook 0
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geoffnoakes Outlook 2016 Searching based on CreationTime Using Outlook 3
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Searching for Custom Flags Using Outlook 3
B Searching for a Add-In Using Outlook 3
J Searching message folder in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows Using Outlook 0
M Searching multiple folders Using Outlook 6
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu? Using Outlook 4
Rijotech Fast searching from:name and date Using Outlook 3
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
A Searching for text in Contact notes Using Outlook 2
M Searching for categories not in the master category list Using Outlook 3
P Searching By Contact Categories Using Outlook 0
B Searching OWA Additional Mailbox - in which Secondary folder is the email? Using Outlook 1
R searching a not function Using Outlook 2
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
G CTRL-E is not searching I-cloud contacts Using Outlook 2
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
E Does Outlook 2010 support searching multiple .pst files simultaneously? Using Outlook 0
D searching Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
X outlook 2007 error when searching Using Outlook 7
T searching for attachments that have a certain "text" in the name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Searching for Data in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Flagged Emails highlighted in yellow Using Outlook 2
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
K mark emails with colour manually (like in thunderbird) Using Outlook 1
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0