• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Searching for Custom Flags

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook 2016-64bit on Windows 10.

I have a partner who uses Custom Flags for associating emails into "Case Numbers"
He will assign a Custom Flag, for instance 1001, and can have 1 to many emails flagged with 1001. It actually works pretty effectively for him, however the built in search function does not seem to be able to search Flags based on their custom names. Advanced search options don't seem to be of any help either. We tried looking at Categories, but he's thousands deep in this Custom Flagging and switching isn't an option.

Anyone have a plugin for searching based on Custom Flags or any other options I should be looking at?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thank you. I should have pointed out that the Flagged emails will reside in different folders, thus the request for a search function.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Search folders will work as long as they are all in one data file - create a search folder for all flagged items then add the Follow Up field to the view (i think that is the correct name) and group by it.

AFAIK, that field is not exposed in instant search, so your options are somewhat limited, but the search folder should help.
Using Search Folders