reply to message using a custom template

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcastanheiro

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Hi I hope someone may be able to help me.

I am managing several petrochemical projects, and need to send, reply etc. several messages a day (sometimes something like 60 or more). I spend lots of time just to adhere to each project requirements in terms who needs to be on the TO: field, CC: filed etc. Additionally the body of the email changes in requirement for each project. For example for project X I must write in the beginning of every message the following:

Regarding: the subject of the message

In Reply to: if it is in reply to a message and if so write the message number

Reply Req’d : if a reply is required or not (YES/NO)

other projects have different requirements.

then the TO field needs to be addressed to a particular email address that never changes for that particular project, the same way the CC field is always the same. The subject changes but always starts with 2710-IN-XJCTC-E- followed by a numerical and sequential number plus the subject that matches what is in the first line of the message following the "Regarding".

So in order to save time I would like to have the option to upon receiving a message if I need to reply just click a button that would open a reply message with the address fields already fill in plus the partial subject field with "2710-IN-XJCTC-E-" and the first three lines of the body as indicated above, and includes the original message.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, it's possible using VBA...

Public Sub Replyproject1()

Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem

Dim Item As Outlook.MailItem

Set Item = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1)

Set oMail = Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection(1).Reply

With oMail
.Body = "Regarding: the subject of the message" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _

"In Reply to: " & Item.Subject & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _

"Reply Req’d : if a reply is required or not (YES/NO)" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & oMail.Body
.CC = "address"
.BCC = "address"
.Subject = "2710-IN-XJCTC-E- " & Item.Subject
.Display

End With

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Reply using address a message was sent to Using Outlook 2
C Have server reply using a specific message rule not working Using Outlook 4
M Have server reply using speciffic message Using Outlook 0
B Create a rule to automatically reply to new email message using Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard Reply with only last message cited Using Outlook 1
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Crashes When You Reply or Create a New Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Outlook Macro Reply to a message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Automatically file message and reply to folder. Using Outlook 1
S Reply & Forward Date in original message incorrect Using Outlook 2
R Reply marks read message as unread Using Outlook 1
D Undeliverable message reply to invites Exchange Server Administration 2
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
J How to Reply or Forward a message and Archive it in same step? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 - Customized auto-reply message Using Outlook 10
V Auto reply message after a specific time in a day Using Outlook 1
B Incoming message lost in reply Using Outlook 2
E 554 message not allowed [320] I am able to receive emails from these contacts but when i reply i get this error code. It is from contacts that i have Using Outlook 1
C Configuring automatic reply with an approved message attached to original received message that will be forward to a 3rd party Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Client crashes on new message, reply, forward, send as attachment Using Outlook 3
K Reply message doesn't display sender's part, only displays your own message Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 crashes when I select new message, reply, forward or send as attachment Using Outlook 3
G New Message, reply, or forward window does not open in Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 - Reply with / without original message text Using Outlook 1
J Stop details info reply from Exchange 2010 Server of undeliverable message to external recipent Exchange Server Administration 2
S rEPLY WITH SAME MESSAGE TO MULTIPLE EMAILS RECEIVED IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK Using Outlook 1
N "Operation Failed" message when sending an e-mail reply in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
S Outlook reply window default tabs have changed from message being active, to now File being active. Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 locks up when trying to reply to message. Using Outlook 1
B Does "Reply to ALL" include BCC's from incoming message? Using Outlook 3
M Trying to reply to active my clubcanon account, get the message 'The operations has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer& Using Outlook 1
L "Ignore orignial message text in reply or forward" not working - Outlook 2010 - Turning off original Using Outlook 1
V Outlook restarting evertime when I forward and reply a message Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 crashes when clicking on new message or reply Using Outlook 3
P outlook 2007 - setting up a rule for auto-reply, get an error message saying rule in error, cannot reply to this message. what does this mean? Using Outlook 2
S RULE ERROR: CANNOT REPLY TO MESSAGE Using Outlook 3
A My outlook 2010 keeps crashing when I reply to a message each time Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 Out of Office Assistant Reply message is Truncated Using Outlook 1
C 'Reply' generates a message from a different account Using Outlook 2
D 'out of office' reply message subject line Using Outlook 1
B Exchange 2007 auto-reply message Using Outlook 7
D Setting up an Auto Reply Message Using Outlook 1
C How to Set Auto Reply with Original Message? Using Outlook 1
W Ideas: Auto reply won't work, gives me the error message: Error, can't send email Using Outlook 1
L Outlook reply sends message back to us. Using Outlook 0
K I am not able to type in the body of an email that I create or that I reply to. I can't even activate the cursor in the message body area. Using Outlook 1
D Message-ID and In-Reply-To is equal Using Outlook 2
J Auto Reply Message Error Using Outlook 3
I I can receive emails, but not send, reply or forward them. Error message (0x80042109) unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. Using Outlook 1
N Exchange 2007, Internet Explorer 8 and OWA: Error when reply to message is sent Using Outlook 1