Individual E-mails from Distribution List

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
New Question:

Is there a way to create a distribution list of contacts and when you email using that distribution list, it sends an email to each contact individually in the To bar, and not showing the whole list etc.

And please remember my last question as well.

Thanks much.

That would be a mail merge... you could do it using code, but I'm not sure of the practicality of it unless you create a template and use it for the email content or are sending a short message. Actually, you could use a userform to supply the content of the body and subject.

Select the Contact Group / DL and run this - but do it with a short DL since it will open a new message to each address. :)

Sub group_merge()

Dim o_list As Object

Dim objMsg As MailItem

' select or open the distributionlist

Set o_list = GetCurrentItem()

For i = 1 To o_list.MemberCount

Set objMsg = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objMsg
.To = o_list.GetMember(i).Address
.Subject = "Test Subject"
.Body = "Message Text"
.Display

End With

Set objMsg = Nothing

Next

End Sub

Is there way that tihs code can go directly to the email template I want to use?

It would need tweaked to use as code behind a form, but yes, it should work.

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought, no, not if you want to pick up the members of the contact group.

For this particular thing, no. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Horsepower Outlook app for an individual Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Change the colour or font of individual email accounts in outlook 2010/13 Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Can I export individual emails? Using Outlook 1
H Forward from Shared Mailbox to individual folders Using Outlook 6
R how to scan individual email messages Outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
K Problems with message formatting for individual user Using Outlook 1
W Copy individual file folders in Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder Using Outlook 4
K Outlook admin vs individual access (VBA pulling info) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Syncing addresses in BCM with individual Outlook addresses BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Forward mails with "FW:" or "RE:" in title Using Outlook 2
sjmo2 Change subject for new e-mails only. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
I How to receive mails on behalf of when sent to group mail? Using Outlook 2
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Thiago Manzano Copying E-mails to a folder on HD Using Outlook 1
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2013 Problems sending large mails Using Outlook 4
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
E How to find or recover Lost e-mails within a folder under Inbox? Using Outlook 2
Karsten V invites from outside company arrives as regular mails Using Outlook 2
A Encrypting mails depending from the address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Yusufbodrum Highlighting selected mails in any folder Using Outlook 2
C Linking e-mails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Mails getting downloaded multiple times Using Outlook 1
K Macro doesn't recognize local mails from colleagues Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Delete e-mails from server Using Outlook 2
W URGENT Cancel and remove imported pop3 mails Using Outlook 6