Not open for further replies.

pauljs

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
OL 2003.

Can receive email ok and get on web.

Can't send email, however.

Get msg: 'Sending' reported error 0x80042109. OL unable to connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

dczokajlo

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I have the same problem. The only difference is that I CAN send e-mails from my comcast account but CAN'T from other domains. Help. Darek

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have the same problem. The only difference is that I CAN send e-mails from my comcast account but CAN'T from other domains. Help. Darek
Your problem wouldn't be the firewall though - it would block all outbound mail. It could be Comcast blocking access to port 25 on other servers - see if your other accounts can use another port, such as port 465 or 587. Those are commonly used for sending mail.

What error code/message do you get?

Error messages when you send and receive in Outlook and Outlook Express

dczokajlo

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
There is a rash of problems in recent weeks. Antivirus or firewall blocking is a common cause. If you use a 3rd party firewall, an update to Outlook could be blocked because the version number changed.
I actually have the same problem on both my laptop and my desktop: win7 outlook 2007. What should I try. I already tried system restore and it did not work.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Because you are sending from Comcast and cant send using other accounts, presumably while you are connected to Comcast network, it looks like Comcast is blocking it. What port number are you using for the other accounts? Tools, Account settings, double click on the account, More Settings, Advanced tab to check. If using port 25, check with each provider for alternate ports they support.

dczokajlo

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Diane,

Thanks. I change port to 465 and it did not work but then I tried 587 and it did the trick.

Thanks for your help. I am going to test it on my desktop now.

Darek

Status
Not open for further replies.