Outlook for Android - Sending from an alias address

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitudeit

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have been trying to setup some of my accounts on office 365 and see if I can replicate the setup I have with google apps but it is taking some effort and I am stuck on 1 issue - I cannot use Outlook for Android to send email from any email address other than the primary account email address.

In outlook 365 I have one primary mailbox and several distribution lists for which I have send as permission. This allows me to send emails from the multiple domains that I work with. From Outlook itself I can select which distribution list email address I want to send from but on my android phone all that appears is my primary email address. On the Outlook app on my andriod phone there is an option to add alias email addresses - I can do this but nothing changes when I try and set the from address all I can select is the default email address.

There seems to be very few articles out there covering this case and it seems the instances which come close are talking about connecting and sending from other accounts where you have a connection via imap or pop to another providers account. My case is simply to be able to send from the distribution lists as I can from outlook.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

My research indicates that using the Android OWA app* or web client is better suited for shared mailboxes. (*Only available for Office365 tenants)

However, while I can see all the shared mailboxes without any special configuration, I can't send FROM those accounts.

I note also that the Feedback menu link goes to a not found 404 page,

You can set shared mailboxes up as an imap account... but that won't give you calendar and contacts and it won't work with send as rights. You should be able to set the addresses up as imap using the same method, but that is not workable if you have many.
View Site or Shared Mailboxes on a Smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
D Android/desktop App for sending to Outlook inbox? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
W Account icons Outlook for Android Using Outlook 1
N Lots of Folder in Outlook Android Using Outlook 2
O Outlook on Android - add BCC Using Outlook 2
avant-guvnor Outlook for Android app alternative Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
Travis Lloyd Linking Outlook 2016 Desktop To POP3 Acc't On Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Syncing Outlook with an Android smartphone Using Outlook 0
D Outlook for Android - Dismiss Reminders? Using Outlook 0
L Gmail POP, Android IMAP, Outlook 2013 setup close Using Outlook 5
D Outlook for Android Questions Using Outlook 8
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 calendar won't sync with Android phone Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
Glyn Outlook sync to Android Phone Using Outlook 1
S Sync Outlook 2013 calendar via outlook.com to Android Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
B synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone Using Outlook 6
P Outlook 2010 MS Exchange Calendar to Android- ical or webdav? Using Outlook 1
Glyn Outlook Microsoft on a Sony Android Using Outlook 4
T Cannot get pop3 mails to my Android and Outlook Exchange Server Administration 1
M syncing Outlook 2013 tasks with android Using Outlook 2
J Outlook App for Android Exchange Server Administration 2
B Problems with outlook calendar and android phone syncing calendars Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Terry Sullivan Android Phone E-Mails Not Disappearing After Being Deleted in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
V Sync Outlook contacts and calendar to Android phone Using Outlook 3
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4