Column Header Keyboard Shortcut Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunerguy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Are there keyboard shortcuts available to jump directly to the column headers in the Mail View? I frequently need to do sorting and searching in this way. If there are not keyboard shortcuts, is there a way to get there with just a few keystrokes, instead of 'mousing' my way there? THANKS!

There are long shortcuts (oxymoron :)).. Alt+V,A,B,? where ? = the underlined letter in View tab, Arrangement.

I don;'t think there are any shorter ways to get to it, but i have a list of shortcuts here.

- - - Updated - - -

There are long shortcuts (oxymoron :)).. Alt+V,A,B,? where ? = the underlined letter in View tab, Arrangement.

I don;'t think there are any shorter ways to get to it, but i have a list of shortcuts here.

Thanks Diane - that still helps it all get faster. I was able to shorten the keystrokes down to 3 by adding the Arrangement Gallery to the Quick Access Toolbar. HOWEVER, "Received" is one of the main Column Headers I use, and it's not listed in my Arrangement Gallery. Any way to remedy that?

Received is Date, with or without Show as conversations checked.

Very good. One last question - is there a way to make a header default to either ascending or descending? That's the only snag I'm having using keyboard shortcuts. Some of the columns default the opposite way, causing the mouse to have to be used.

Alt+V,R,S reverses the sort - i don't see a way to lock the sort so it's always ascending or always descending, regardless of the sort field.

(Or do like before and add Reverse Sort to the QAT.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C How to copy same text header to multiple emails with custom text column Using Outlook 10
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ad24rouse Column Width of To-Do Bar Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
T Can't reposition "Flag Status" column Using Outlook 0
HappyDaddy007 "Size" on field chooser/column displaying incorrect value Using Outlook 3
P Posts in Folder No Longer Group by Conversation Column After Search Using Outlook 0
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7
N Column view fonts Using Outlook 4
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
D Column for To Email Address Using Outlook 0
H "Advanced find: column for full folder path? Using Outlook 1
A Can't add a column called "name" to Inbox? Using Outlook 1
D Email Icon Column Using Outlook 2
H SQL update column BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
G Wrong display name in from column when removing pf replication Exchange Server Administration 1
R Renaming Column Heading in Contacts view Using Outlook 6
F Not keep sort order after re-change column Using Outlook 1
H Calendar column of time without date? Using Outlook 0
K Sent folder only shows "From", not "To" column Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 Sort Column Shading Using Outlook 1
J From column changes when message is read Using Outlook 1
A How to replace column title in address book Using Outlook 1
B Populating Additional Outlook Column with Date \ Time Using Outlook 0
C placing contact and business phone column in task view Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Inbox sort FROM column not working Using Outlook 29
S Custom Yes/No column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Auto-Submitted: auto-replied in header Using Outlook 0
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Check for words in subject header before sending email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Change font of reminder of an email header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K How to find specific header and copy the mail body Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Attachment List in Reply Header Using Outlook 3
J Identifying Portable Devices in Outlook Header Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
S How can I Customize Message Header in both Reading Pane and Open Message Design? Using Outlook 1
oliv- Get to: from internet Header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O No Internet Header Properties Using Outlook 2
R Coming from Thunderbird: "Always prefer display name over message header" Using Outlook 1
A change the "no date" header in todo bar Using Outlook 2
G Creating an Outlook Rule using Internet Header time Using Outlook 1
I How to add image header to email Using Outlook 2