Default Font in Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's me and Outlook fonts again! I'm presently being hounded by a glitch that insists that my default font for new messages and notes in my contacts will be Times New Roman (Times).

The best method to permanently set the default font is (with the cursor in the body of a new message) Format Text/Change Styles/Fonts etc. If I choose Calibri it will work for replies and forwards but not for a new message or notes in contacts - Times refuses to budge!

When I use the 2nd best method namely a stationery theme (where I've amended the HTML file to use my chosen font) it works fine for all messages (new, replies & forwards) but Times is still the default font for notes in contacts.

It's as if there is a setting somewhere in Office (or Windows or the Registry?) that is set to Times and this setting overrides my choices as mentioned above. I think the glitch started after one of the Windows or Office updates a few months ago, but I'm not sure of this. I tried the "quick repair" for Office in Control Panel/Programs and Features but this did not help.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried the method here - http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/understanding-fonts-and-the-body-style/ - where you set the +Body style? I've not had a problem with it - it should change it for all *new* items, I'm not sure if it will change the notes field for existing items though - I know it won't if there is text in the notes field, but I haven't checked it with empty notes fields.

You can use the last macro Changing the font in Outlook's Notes field to change the font of existing contacts.

Thanks Diane

Yes, I used the suggested method since reading it in your tips - that's what I tried to describe in the first line of my question. It has always worked fine for me until recently, when the Times New Roman font started overriding my setting, although only for the new message font.

The font in Contacts notes is not all that important, but I mentioned it because there appears to be a common cause for the Times New Roman font being the default in both a new message and the notes in Contacts.

Can the following perhaps be relevant? I tried out Outlook Business Contact Manager a while ago but then uninstalled it. Does it not perhaps file and sort contacts only in Last Name, First Name order and maybe place a setting in the Registry that overrides any setting for First Name Last name order? Just a hunch, since I vaguely recall that the problem started after I installed BCM.

Kind regards

David,

Sorry for the mee too reply, we have this in Outlook 2010. So far, not found a solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 - Default font color keeps changing frim the one I set. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 default font Using Outlook 9
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
S Default Font in body of Task Using Outlook 0
J Change Default View - Color and font Using Outlook 3
M Default font Using Outlook 2
V how to make default font on arabic Using Outlook 1
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
E Default shape via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
V Accepted meetings do not get the default reminder Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Accepted Zoom Invites deleting without going into Default Calendar - Office 2016 Mac Using Outlook 3
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V VBA when replying + Default Account Using Outlook 2
P Outlook.com account overrules default account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
P Outlook 2016 Not Default Client Using Outlook 5
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N How to delete default folder "Contacts" (olFolderContacts) in a .pst file Using Outlook 8
D Default Send Account that Works? Using Outlook 0