Weird naming of fields in Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joepiet

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Since one or two months there is something wrong with the naming of some fields in the contacts, accounts and potential customers windows.

Under 'Internet' the first field should be 'E-mail'; now it is 'E-mail2'. Under 'Telephone numbers' the first field is 'Home', it should be 'Work'. There are possible other fields corrupted which I don't know of, because I don't use them.

In the list-view of contacts etc those fields are named correctly, oddly enough: E-mail2 is E-mail and with telephone numbers 'Home' is Work. Anyone familiar with this problem aand how to solve it?

My BCM is in Dutch so there can be translations slightly wrong. Excuses.

Today installed SP1 for office 2013 - the bug still there.

Is MS f kidding us?

P.S.:

Has anyone tried to install SP1 on CLEAN office (without buggy updates)? Result for our case?

I had a clean install of a beta build and it was in it. I assume it's going to be a problem in a newer clean install too.

Thanks for reply, Diane.

Have you ever tried export/import function of BCM?

I'm trying to downgrade office from 2013 to 2010 and respectively transfer BCM database, but it cannot be done directly due to incompatibility.

I tried to export whole 2013 database in *.bcm file and then import it in Outlook 2010. Formally import works, but connection between emails and history records is lost (i.e. clicking on history record opens only plain text history record of email, not original email itself, even if PST file with this email connected as default to Outlook 2010)

I haven't used it to downgrade, but the behavior is typical - links are broken when you use import/export. The items as linked by entryid and exporting copies the items, creating new entryid's. There may be other factors involved with BCM exports, i haven't looked at the export file, but if it's not the entryid, then it's some other id that is changed in the import/export and that prevents outlook from linking the two properly. (With a SQL db, it could the index key)

uhmm... pity

May be some rude transfer of SQL database could help?

Or "unofficial" SQL tool aimed at BCM?

I tried direct copying of MDF/LDF files, but it doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
C New weird behavior (or, why can't they leave well enough alone?) Using Outlook 0
R The return of weird graphical glitches in Outlook? Using Outlook 2
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
J Weird contacts disappearance Using Outlook 1
L Weird Inbox problems Outlook 2010/13 and Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
wallisellener BCM - Weird behaviour BCM (Business Contact Manager) 20
J Disabling "Myxxx" naming Using Outlook 3
J Account, profile, and PST naming in Outlook 2010 IMAP Using Outlook 2
C View doesn't refresh (fields or formatting) Using Outlook 1
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Other users can't see P.2 with custom fields in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Reference Custom Fields with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
F Appointment Show All Fields Using Outlook 1
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
cimbian street address fields contain 0A0D Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
P Outlook custom fields "events" Using Outlook 0
J Add Fillable Fields to Existing Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Customize contact record phone fields Using Outlook 2
G Addition of 2 fields based on checkboc true or false Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R User Defined Fields adding new value Using Outlook 3
S VBA with User Defined fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
O VBA to extract email (fields and body) to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
H How to export *all* fields from Outlook Using Outlook 2
L Change the displayed fields in calendar view Using Outlook 1
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Recurrence and custom fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Hiding Global Address Book Fields Using Outlook 0
M Map Outlook user defined fields onto a Sharepoint list ??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Copy email body fields to excel Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
H User designed fields not usable in contact folder views Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Search All Fields in Contacts Using Outlook 1
N How to retrieve user defined fields values to bcm form. Using Outlook 2
N How to disable user defined fields in BCM forms Using Outlook 2
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
W Meeting printing background fields Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2013 vs Outlook.com Email Address fields Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1