Status
Not open for further replies.

pho24sg

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi all,

I'm facing with an Outlook problem: It doesn't display picture inline. I checked the sender mail and found the mail was format with the HTML and in his contact also didn't mark in send with rich text format but when the receiver receives email it always format with Plain Text. Is there anything must be set in sender and receiver's mail client?

Thanks so much.

It sounds like Outlook is converting it to RTF anyway - delete the autocomplete entry for the person then send a message, getting the address from the address book. does it stay as HTML?

To delete the entry, when it comes up in the list in the To field, select it and press the Delete key.

It sounds like Outlook is converting it to RTF anyway - delete the autocomplete entry for the person then send a message, getting the address from the address book. does it stay as HTML?

To delete the entry, when it comes up in the list in the To field, select it and press the Delete key.

It always happens when the sender to reply all. How can we delete the entry? For example: sender A send to B and C the mail with picture inline, B and C can read it but when B relies to all (A and C), A can read, C can not and in the mail's body appears the blue character like [cid:image001.jpg@01CED6E5.4A5AE9D0]. (please refer to the picture for detail). Is there any problem with mail format from B, B uses Distribution List.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks,

PS: Why I can't upload the picture bigger, I tried with the URL (get the link from Flickr also can not).

It always happens when the sender to reply all. How can we delete the entry? For example: sender A send to B and C the mail with picture inline, B and C can read it but when B relies to all (A and C), A can read, C can not and in the mail's body appears the blue character like [cid:image001.jpg@01CED6E5.4A5AE9D0]. (please refer to the picture for detail). Is there any problem with mail format from B, B uses Distribution List.

View attachment 844

Anyone help me!!!....

Thanks,

PS: Why I can't upload the picture bigger, I tried with the URL (get the link from Flickr also can not).

Anyone help me!!!!.....

I'll have the admin check the files size - i thought it was set to allow 200KB, 1024xsomething.

The screenshot is not RTF - attachments added like that (with the CID) is caused by the sender's email client. it's how their email account handled the embedded attachments - and its not all that uncommon.

Do you know what email client the sender uses?

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your help, the sender's mail client is MS Outlook 2010, It's an Exchange Client, I don't know the version of Exchange Server.

Tks again!

Hi Diane,

Is there anyway else to check?

Tks,

NTQ

I'm not sure you can avoid problems. The image is embedded and linked by the CID reference (in the message header) and the reference was 'lost', possibly by antivirus scanning. Once the link is broken, it can't be fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
soadfan Outlook rules look up display name only Using Outlook 4
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 Calendar multiday event display Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
O How to display multi-line task in To-Do List - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Pictures don't display in Outlook messages Using Outlook 4
M Outlook VBA Macro that could retrieve/display the (From, Subject, Date Received) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
William Yeack Outlook/Exchange - Changing display of “From” user Using Outlook 3
M Display as name in outlook contacts changes Using Outlook 5
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
B Display of Sending Account in Outlook 2007 no longer works Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2013 contacts - Where to find "Display as"-field Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 'From' and 'Display As' Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Calendar Display Using Outlook 10
F Outlook 2010 contact e-mail Display as: does not show contact name Using Outlook 2
C Optimize your Outlook 2013 screen display for touch Using Outlook 1
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2013 display the wrong font Using Outlook 7
C [outlook-users] Display Name Using Outlook 3
B Outlook cannot display this view Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 People Pane doesn't display appointments Using Outlook 2
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
L Anyway to Display entire category list in Outlook 2007 automatically? Using Outlook 1
S Display SharePoint document library in a customized Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Display Outlook Data from more than one Folder like SQL JOIN Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M how to change outlook calendar time display Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2007 Custom Form does not display in 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4