Weird Inbox problems Outlook 2010/13 and Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Really weird one this.
I've migrated 7 accounts across from IMAP to Exchange.
5 have migrated across really well.
2 are having problems with the Inbox in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
They both sync all folders to exchange except for the Inbox.
The Inbox show all the emails up to the date of the migration

>
But nothing after that.
Using the web OWA does show these latest emails.
So the Outlook Inbox is not syncing with the latest Exchange Inbox.
Any ideas?
I've opened the account using different profiles and different machines with Outlook 2010 but still get the same problem.
Adding the account to an iphone does show the correct Inbox.
FURTHER RESEARCH:
In Outlook 2010 I created a new Folder called "Copy from Inbox"
When a new email arrives, there's a brief period where you see a new email has arrived notice.
I can click on this and I see the new email!
I then move it to the new folder I created above.
I can then see the new emails!
I just can't see them in the Inbox, even though the total count and the unread numbers go up every time a new email arrives.
And this only happens on 2 out of the 7 accounts.
YET MORE RESEARCH :)
In Outlook 2013:
I've labelled my missing emails "test" in the subject line, when I search the current Folder using "test" they are there. However when I search using Current Mailbox, they disappear.
When I go back to Inbox they disappear.
I'd really appreciate any help, this is driving me insane :(

So you are copying mail to another folder and can't see the original that was left in the inbox?

Try resetting the view. I'm not sure it will help... also, make sure you aren't using a view that hides read messages.

So you are copying mail to another folder and can't see the original that was left in the inbox?

Try resetting the view. I'm not sure it will help... also, make sure you aren't using a view that hides read messages.

Thanks Diane,

Rhat was exactly the problem, there's a weird bug in imap migration that changes the default view. Even resetting the view doesn't help.

You have to go in and delete the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
C New weird behavior (or, why can't they leave well enough alone?) Using Outlook 0
R The return of weird graphical glitches in Outlook? Using Outlook 2
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
J Weird contacts disappearance Using Outlook 1
J Weird naming of fields in Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
wallisellener BCM - Weird behaviour BCM (Business Contact Manager) 20
F Outlook 365 Group INBOX by date but not by date and time Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
S Format Inbox Using Outlook 0
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Inbox didn't got read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
C Configuring Inbox columns Using Outlook 2
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
J Collaborative Inbox Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
N Focussed Inbox Rules Failing Using Outlook 5
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
P Two main Outlook gripes: Voting buttons not working externally nor Focused Inbox Using Outlook 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9