Collaborative Inbox

j_house

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I would like to have a customer service email address that would be distributed to all in that department. We'd like a rep to take ownership so that other reps would not pick up that email. The kicker is that we use Outlook with g suite.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Gsuite may or may not be a problem - do you use the gsuite sync utility and if so, does it support color categories?
I have a round robin macro that uses categories but color categories don't work right with imap accounts. The next option would be moving the messages to a folder (each user has their own folder) - the round robin macro could be tweaked to handle that. It needs to run on one computer so sort the mail.

A low tech option is to tell users to move the messages to their folder when they claim them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K What’s required to use BCM as a collaborative CRM platform? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S BCM 2010 is it a collaborative database? Using Outlook 1
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
N Focussed Inbox Rules Failing Using Outlook 5
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
P Two main Outlook gripes: Voting buttons not working externally nor Focused Inbox Using Outlook 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
D How to handle filing of emails from an Inbox Subfolder to a specific Public folder Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2016 Inbox search bug Using Outlook 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
LolaArrabal My huge inbox folder Using Outlook 2
M VBA macro for Inbox's attachments search Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Emails being sent to Inbox and IPM_Subtree Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
E Don't want Inbox shown when login box is shown Using Outlook 1
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
S Accepting meeting request from calendar keeps the meeting request in the inbox Using Outlook 2
S VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F want inbox on toolbar to reference icloud messages Using Outlook 2
E Inbox field customization Using Outlook 1
M Ensure the same inbox view across multiple outlook instances Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Category Color doesn't Display in Inbox New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Hudas VBA find and open an email without looping thru each email in the inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to find or recover Lost e-mails within a folder under Inbox? Using Outlook 2
A Can't add a column called "name" to Inbox? Using Outlook 1
S Merge Emails with attachments with inbox rule to forward Using Outlook 5
V Not displaying newest messages in Inbox Using Outlook 10
Yasemin Nielsen Combined inbox outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
D How to Run a Report Based on Age of Inbox Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Tasks showing up in inbox? Using Outlook 15
M Cannot Delete Emails from IMAP inbox Using Outlook 4
D Sub folders of my Inbox collapsing Using Outlook 0
L How to show Delivered-To field in Inbox Using Outlook 1
M Is there any easy way to quickly search for the name of a folder in Outlook's inbox folder structure Exchange Server Administration 1
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 0