Auto send-receive in Outlook not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKMathPub

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
After years of fluid operation, my auto send-receive function in Outlook 2007 has stopped working. I use Windows 7 Professional. I am not using Microsoft Exchange Server.

I have all of the correct options selected under "Tools > Options > Mail Setup". This malfunction started a few weeks ago, and I cannot attribute it to any known upgrade or systems software change. I am current with my Windows Updates.

Any advice?

Three different email providers feed into my OutLook account, including gmail and Comcast. Manually clicking Send-Recieve works fine. So, I can certainly do that whenever I need to. I simply find it annoying that my inbox is not updating while I multi-task.

What is your scheduled send and receive time? It should be no less than every 8 - 10 minutes.

I had it set to every 10 minutes. Just now, I reset it to 15 minutes to see whether that has a positive effect. BUT . . . another symptom of the recent failure is that the program no longer accomplishes an Auto Send-Receive upon startup, even though that preference is set.

10 minutes should be fine.

Try this: find and delete or rename the SRS file for your profile. Type or paste %appdata%\microsoft\outlook in the address bar of windows explorer and press Enter to open the folder where the SRS file is. This the send and receive settings file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 manually actioning of send and receive? remove auto actioning Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Auto scan/send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Z Re: Auto Print email and word attachments on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 1
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
DDB VBA to Auto Insert Date and Time in the signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Auto-complete stopped working Using Outlook 4
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Auto Forwarding with different "From" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P auto-complete is hopelessly broken Using Outlook 0
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Auto-Submitted: auto-replied in header Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2016 Auto-archive creates new folder Using Outlook 3
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 16
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Auto Accept Meetings from the General Calendar Using Outlook 3
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ms_Cynic Auto-pasting email content in calendar appt? Using Outlook 2
R How Do I insert images in and Auto Reply Using Outlook 3
S Received mail as part of DL, need to auto-CC the same when replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10