Unread, undead

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.reodis

New PC and loaded Office 2007. Went fine, but on Office, though mail comes in, it goes I want my mail to go to. I've even made rules, but my mail ends up in the Inbox. I hope I'm describing this right. Help? It's a pain to move 60 pieces of mail/day to the folders they belong in, every day.

So you want rules to move mail into folders? Do the rules work if you use Run Rules Now?

Diane, What I want is for my Unread mail to show up in my Unread folder. I think my mail is going to the specified folders sometimes, but they always show up in the Inbox folder and then I have to move them where they're supposed to go. Additionally, I can't tell if I've read a particular email (I sometimes get copies of earlier mail) because it never shows up in Unread. I have over 150 folders in my .pst. It's time consuming to go thru each one to find out if I have mail. Some mail goes to folders via rules. My problem is simply that my unread folder doesn't work.

I just downloaded this mail. It's junk but it should be in the junk folder AND the Unread folder. Perhaps this isn't a good example, but my past experience has been that EVERY piece of mail shows up in Unread. I count on it. Now, Unread ... is dead. How do I fix it?

Attachments

• outlook.GIF
    outlook.GIF
    79.8 KB · Views: 506
Click on Unread folder. Does the unread mail populate it at all? If you regularly (daily) use the folder, it should always work. Junk mail shouldn't be in the Unread folder but if you look at the properties of the search folder, you can control which folders are searched. Right click, choose Customize search folder. Or you can create a new search folder, using the last option to create a custom search folder (right click on Search Folders, choose New search folder), then choose Unread in the filter dialog and choose the folder you want to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Unread Undead Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
D Outlook launch email showing new unread email in reading pane Using Outlook 11
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
S Mark as Unread unless Categorized by Color Using Outlook 0
H Keep Original email unread after autoreply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
R Reply marks read message as unread Using Outlook 1
F Automatically close email after selecting mark unread Using Outlook 1
M Sorting messages by read/unread status Using Outlook 8
Commodore Message becomes "unread" after moving to a local folder Using Outlook 2
L Outlook keeps my messages as unread Using Outlook 1
T Unread messages not in bold Using Outlook 0
T Unread messages do not show up in bold Using Outlook 0
P Overall inbox folder, overall unread folder Using Outlook 3
Z Keep Unread Messages in same folder Using Outlook 2
M Automatically highlight unread mail in Favorites inbox(s) (Blue number) Using Outlook 1
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
J Outlook saves canceled messages in Deleted folder as an unread message Using Outlook 1
W Email becomes "unread" after replying to it. Using Outlook 8
G How to make outlook show as unread messages I read in my mobile ph or tablet Using Outlook 1
M Problem/Glitch with unread mail and going back to inbox --- missing emails Using Outlook 1
B Messages stay marked unread Using Outlook 2
K Read, unread, i'm losing clients! Using Outlook 1
M Folder View in Unread Mail Pane - Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 6
A How to Sort by Unread and then Read mail in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
R Macro to mark item unread Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B get the total unread mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1