Default data file won't change

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I thought it would be simple to get my calendar on my mobile devices!!! I found instructions from you on how to set up an Microsoft account and got it to work perfectly on my account. I have a gmail and a pop3 account only. My husband's account has two outlook 365 accounts (from clients companies he does work with) as well as a gmail for personal and a POP account for our business. The default data file is currently an old file that existed prior to our upgrade to Outlook 2013. It is a .pst file.

When I try and change it to the new account, or the gmail account I get an error message "Outlook (97-2002) Data Files (.pst) cannot be used when more than one Exchange account is configured. "

We cannot have our calendar appearing on the clients files. Is there any way to have our calendar mobile?

Please help

The message is telling you that the pst file is the old format. Go to File, Account Settings, Data files tab and click New to add a new data file and set it as default. Then import the old pst into it.

I did this. Created a new file and imported the old file into it. I can make this the default but it still gives me the same error message when I try to make the microsoft account the default. Any ideas?

Oh, now I understand. Exchange likes to be the default, especially if there is an outlook.com account in the profile. I'll test a couple of things.

Hi Diane,

I have exactly the same problem as JulieB. Did you manage to find a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account Using Outlook 0
reefclaw Outlook 2013 Cannot set outlook.com account as default data file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
T Default account - Outlook Data File Using Outlook 1
R how to (re)set the default data file for Outlook in a VB program Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Default VBA code for extracting data from email (Outlook) to Excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to make your IMAP email your default data account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 17
E Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
E Default shape via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
V Accepted meetings do not get the default reminder Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Accepted Zoom Invites deleting without going into Default Calendar - Office 2016 Mac Using Outlook 3
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V VBA when replying + Default Account Using Outlook 2
P Outlook.com account overrules default account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
P Outlook 2016 Not Default Client Using Outlook 5
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0