Font size changed in new mail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodi

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Yesterday, in the middle of the day as I was working - I checked my e-mail. When I opened a new message from a customer, the font was so small I could barely read it. I didn't change anything/update anything/or DO ANYTHING! It changed on it's own. I thought maybe it was just the 1 customers e-mail...but went back and opened e-mails I had previously opened, and the same thing happened there. It hasn't done it to every e-mail, just some. It's weird and annoying. I don't understand how it can just change all on it's own. Help! it's driving me crazy!!!

Could it be zoom settings? Especially if the affected messages are plain text. Open one and click the zoom button on the ribbon. Is it at 100%

Another cause is a change in the default font in File, Options, Stationery & Fonts, but the zoom setting is most common and very easy to do (hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel.)

Zoom is at 100%. Everything in the Stationary & fonts section looks normal.

What antivirus software do you use? I know mcafee can mess up mail, but it usually affects some lines in a message but not others - the message looks like a ransom note made from a newspaper.

Are the affected message plain text or html?

I am using McAfee, but mine doesn't look like a ransom note..

i tried to attach an image of what it looks like but i can't seem to figure out how...
[DOUBLEPOST=1430423826][/DOUBLEPOST]here it is!

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-30_15-55-27.png
    upload_2015-4-30_15-55-27.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 457
  • font.jpg
    font.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 523
That looks pretty normal. Is only mail from certain m people affected? If so it could be something on their side chan ging the font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
J Increase read pane font size, but NOT image size? Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Adjusting font size in folders Using Outlook 1
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How can I change the font size on right side appointment pane Using Outlook 12
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Call me old if you want. OL 2016 font size out of the box. Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater Can't change font size Using Outlook 5
T "From" field font size in table list of emails Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007, windows 10 Font size Using Outlook 1
J Increase font size of message body Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
O How to increase Font size in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2010 custom form olk control font size increases everytime form is published Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Point Size for Fonts in Custom Font Style (Outlook 2013) Using Outlook 0
J Microsoft Outlook 2007 Font Size Too Small Using Outlook 1
F Font Size Contact List Using Outlook 1
M Font Size Too Small When Replying and Sendig Emails on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Why does my font size increases only when I reply to certain people? Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater Cannot change font size Using Outlook 6
J How To Change Font Size For Folder Names on Navigation Pane in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
W Screen Font Size Using Outlook 1
A Font size increases when forwarding emails Using Outlook 1
D size of font on incoming e-mail Using Outlook 1
W E-mails come back with messages with different font, size, line spacing. Using Outlook 3
D Font size too large on received emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 26
M Outlook 2003 - New message font size different to signature Using Outlook 3
S display smaller font size for appointments in month view Using Outlook 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
P Message List Font Changed Using Outlook 6
B Change font of reminder of an email header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Setting font and color used when replying to an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
D font control by keyboard Using Outlook 2
M font format discrepancies with Quick Parts Using Outlook 1
Steven 2007 New PC vs Old PC - Micro Font on Inbound Emails :( Using Outlook 4
D Font in Reply is much larger than normal, how to reset ...? Using Outlook 4
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1