Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamerand

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello all,

I have migrated a lot of folders from my account to an PST archive, there are over 100 folders that were moved. I need to access them constantly, so, I jump between inbox of my account to the PST archive, however, it is a bit annoying as I need to expand / collapse the folders of PST archive. I have been using FAVORITES to access some certain folder from the PST archive or used SHORTCUTS (see the attached screenshots), however, those are of limited use. Recently I have discovered a nice article by Danny De Roovere, which outlines nicely on how to move mail items to a folder via one single click. My question is does anyone know of in a way similar to what Danny De Roovere had made, however, to make access some folder instead of moving email message. That is I need to open a certain folder / sub-folders from either PST archive and / or account in one single click. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 01.png
    Screenshot 01.png
    13 KB · Views: 432
Without knowing the mentioned article, you can move emails based on criteria like subject, sender, etc. That doesn't work for opening any folder. That is for a one-click solution you'll need 1 button per folder.

Hello Michael,

I have attached the file (MS Outlook - How to Move Mail Items to a Folder via One Single Click.pdf), this is one is very fancy to use to move email to pre-defined folders. I was wondering if anyone knows of a code that is executed in the similar way and created a panel with folder name, but for opening / accessing the folder, instead of moving the emails to the designated folders.

Attachments

• MS Outlook - How to Move Mail Items to a Folder via One Single Click.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 441
Hi ,
Command Bars were deprecated with Outlook 2010
Set CommandBar = myExplorer.CommandBars.add(Name:="Quick Access Folder", _
Position:=msoBarFloating, Temporary:=True)

Meaning there is nothing can be done about creating custom command bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
B Saved emails in folders I created on left of screen are being erased as I open each folder Using Outlook 0
V Open Outlook Calendar and Tasks views with Folder pane off Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 Open Folder From a Contact Using Outlook 22
L Outlook 2007 Macro Open Contact Folder Using Outlook 7
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
L Open Contact From Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A How to open .msg file from Hard disk folder? Using Outlook 3
S Code to open folder Using Outlook 11
L Macro to Open a Contact Folder Using Outlook 15
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Rupert Dragwater How to get Outlook 365 to open from websites Using Outlook 5
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
S Leaving ActiveExplorer open for editing after Sub is done Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore PDF attachments started to open in Edge Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
K Embedded photos no longer open with Photos or Photo Viewer Using Outlook 7
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
C Outlook 2016/2019 hangs after being open for an extended period Using Outlook 4
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
W Automatically open attachments without automatically printing them Using Outlook 0
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
C Can't Open Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M outlook won't open! Using Outlook 1
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Add Tetxbox at form open Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Catching ModuleSwitch events after "open in new window" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Andrew Quirl Open attachment, manipulate without add-on program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Reminder Dialog Open Button Using Outlook 2
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
N open the hyperlink in Outlook directly instead of browser Using Outlook 1
S Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook Using Outlook 5