Outlook 2016 and views, categories etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avant-guvnor

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am using Outlook 2016 32-bit (recommended by Microsoft) on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC. The account is using Exchange ActiveSync and has the associated OST data file.

Microsoft have just informed me that custom views, categories etc. are NOT saved in the OST file.

Please can someone tell me exactly where these custom settings are saved?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They are normally saved in the mailbox, on the server if you use Exchange server (and will be with the new outlook.com server). But.. EAS doesn't sync them, so they are on the local computer only. If you have more than one account in the profile, they may be in the default data file instead.

avant-guvnor

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They are normally saved in the mailbox, on the server if you use Exchange server (and will be with the new outlook.com server). But.. EAS doesn't sync them, so they are on the local computer only. If you have more than one account in the profile, they may be in the default data file instead.
My account is still using EAS (has not yet been migrated by Microsoft) so my mail, calendar, contacts etc. are stored locally in an .ost file. Where on the local machine are the custom views, categories etc. stored i.e. which folder/file or registry key etc.?

RonZimmerman

Outlook version
Email Account
I have recently been upgraded by Microsoft to Outlook Mail using Exchange server versus Outlook.com using Exchange Active Sync. I am using Outlook 2016 and had all my contacts in categories and now they have no categories associated with them. Is there anyway to retrieve them?

Status
Not open for further replies.