Random message selected after hard delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikolajek

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook 2016 32bit (16.0.7341.2021) and observing a weird behavior when hard-deleting messages (i.e. using Shift+Delete).

What happens is when one or more messages are deleted that way, after deletion Outlook goes to any random message below the deleted one(s), regardless whether it's unread or read. This does not happen when I use "soft" deletion by pressing only the Delete key.

I don't think this is a designed behavior and I haven't found any option that would look responsible for this. Is anyone able to assist me with getting rid of this issue?

No, I'm not a fan of the conversation view, so I keep using the message-by-message view, no grouping.

Oddly enough I have exactly the same version installed on my other laptop and this does not happen there...

i have the same version and can't repro (a new build should be out Friday) - my best guess right now is a corrupt view. Try change the view or resetting the view on the folder and see if that fixes it.

I suggest you to reboot pc and repeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
T Random problem in VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Mysterious random appearance of empty unsent email Using Outlook 3
J outlook meeting request random people are deleted Using Outlook 2
M Being prompted for random credentials Using Outlook 23
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
I Outlook moving random messages from folders back to the inbox Using Outlook 1
C Random signature from text file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
A rule name into message - how? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Commodore Unable to move message Using Outlook 3
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 4
S Unable to change Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Changing Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone The properties of the message have been changed Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2016 Message-ID oddity/inconsistency? Using Outlook 7
J Implement Keywords based on body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C must select message to trigger safe list Using Outlook 3
Witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
A Flag Message for Follow Up after sending Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1