Query About "Delay Delivery" Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomohawk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am using Outlook 2016 app (Office 2016) on my desktop computer and I want to send an e-mail at a specific date and time. I'm not sure how this works. I'm sending from a @outlook.com e-mail address to a @upcmail.ie (a local broadband provider).

When I create the e-mail and then select Options>Delay Delivery, and then set a date and time in the future by choosing the "do not deliver before" function and click on "Close" - what exactly do I do next?

The mail is still open. Do I click on "Send"? And if I do what exactly happens to the mail?

Does it get sent from my PC to the server and wait there? Or does it stay on my PC and wait there until the elected time?

What I'm really trying to understand is whether I will have to have my PC switched on and Outlook open for the delayed e-mail to be sent, or can I set it up, close Outlook, log off my PC - and it will still get delivered even if I don't log on to my PC again until well after the requested delivery date/time?

T

Click Send. The message will hang in the Outlook outbox until the appointed time - but Outlook (and the computer of course) needs to be open when that time arrives to send the message.

Would anything in Office ProPlus inherently break these macros? Diane, I'm using one that you wrote for me yeaaars ago. Fine in 2016, but when I went to ProPlus. Nada. Not even sure that the Macros recognizes the draft message as a mail object. Thoughts anyone?

No, it should not break it. Make sure macro security is set to low - if you signed the macros with a digital signature it will need to have the signature removed and sign it again.

I am too facing this problem please help me out.
With delay delivery not working or macros not working? (Or both.)

If the problem is with a macro not working, do you receive any error messages? In The Editor's Tools > Options > General tab, tick "Break on Unhandled Errors".

If you post the macro here, i will take a look and test it.

I also faced this issue.. Let me also test the macro settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
D Create advanced search (email) via VBA with LONG QUERY (>1024 char) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M WMI query for Get Disk IO performance in exchange Exchange Server Administration 0
B Select / activate first email item in the searched query Using Outlook 1
Q Mail account setup query Using Outlook 0
B query outlook using vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Subject add ticket number from URL query Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Calendar permissions query Using Outlook 1
R 'Display as' email query Using Outlook 1
T Query about one aspect of migrating .pst files from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
C 'Show as conversation' query Using Outlook 0
C Unusual Signature & Spell Check Query Using Outlook 1
A Advanced find query facilty Help please Using Outlook 2
C Outlook local calendar & iCloud calendar syncing query Using Outlook 3
D outlook 2003/2007 macro query Using Outlook 2
J Rule Category Conditions Query Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Opening an existing message from a database query Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
K Delay Send and Mail Merge Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Delay Send not working Using Outlook 3
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Delay Delivery Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Delay Delivery of Messages Sent at Specific Times Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky To delay sending a message in Outlook Using Outlook 0
B Macro to delay email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky To delay sending a message in Outlook Using Outlook 1
D Delay Delivery: Visible to recipients? Using Outlook 1
Y All emails are received with delay on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
M How to forward a message and delay sending for up to 30 days Using Outlook 8
R Long delay for outgoing mail Using Outlook 2
J Rule to Forward email but delay delivery 10 minutes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem Using Outlook 10
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
M VBA to remove deferred delivery on a MeetingItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Delivery receipt for MYOB emails Using Outlook 0
M Why delivery receipt size is same than sent email size or even larger? Using Outlook 1
P Mail delivery failed returning message to sender Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
Z Mail delivery location - I think Using Outlook 1
V change the Default email Delivery Location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3