'Display as' email query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerA

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a similar problem to one that does not appear to have been resolved. In all my Contacts in my Address Book, I have only put the person's name in the 'Display as' box and not their email address. Sometimes the autofill will add the email address but I always delete it.
Usually it works fine but in a number of cases the email address still appears in the 'To' in an email. Where this has happened, I have gone back and checked the person's entry in the Address Book and in every case it only shows their name as I want it to.
Is there an answer to this problem?
I'm using Outlook 2010 with Windows 7
Roger A

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It sounds like its coming from autocomplete or the message - Outlook uses the name and address in the from field when it creates a reply, not from the address book. It can also pick up names from the autocomplete list and Suggested Contacts. There is not a good, foolproof solution, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Replace Display Names with Email Addresses New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Display the Recipient Email Address in the Sent Items Folder New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Changing margins in received email display Using Outlook 3
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
C images won't display in email Using Outlook 2
C Exchange 2010 / Emails received show with display name and not email address Using Outlook 2
D how to display email images when "working offline" Using Outlook 3
G Published Email Form Doesn't Display Text Boxes to the Recipient Using Outlook 0
K Change default "Display As" for contact email addresses Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
I Outlook email content display issue Using Outlook 3
T "Look up Outlook Contact" from a received email does not display all of the contact information Using Outlook 9
E Inbox doesn't display resident email downloaded from ISP Using Outlook 1
M Email does not display letterhead from sender............ Using Outlook 1
D How to display 'sender' in email lists. Using Outlook 4
S Contact Photo does not display in email messages. Using Outlook 3
D Display Alert when I receive email to an email account other than default inbox Using Outlook 1
S Display entire header on incoming email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Receives email but does not display in inbox Using Outlook 1
K Reply messages show nothing when you open the email, but display portions in the autopreview selection. Using Outlook 10
F Email out using "display as" Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2010 - send email as "display as" Using Outlook 1
F I have 'display as' in all my contacts in outlook 2010 but when I email any number of my contacts it shows the name and email address of al Using Outlook 1
D My email address book doesn't display a place for email addresses and so I can't input them in my new computer. What do I need to do? Using Outlook 1
M Re: Can only display 49 email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts..., View or change an existing e-mail accounts. Using Outlook 1
S Re: Can only display 49 email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts..., View or change an existing e-mail accounts. Using Outlook 1
S Reading Pane Does Not Display Email Using Outlook 1
B Configure Outlook 2003 to ALWAYS display the sender's email address and name, in "To" field. Using Outlook 1
M How to make Display Name in email as someone@company.com in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
J Is there a way to change the 'display as' field after the email field on an Outlook contact to show as the first and last name instead of th Using Outlook 1
O Sent items folder does not display who the email was sent to Using Outlook 4
T Add-in problem: Process All Marked Header doesn't display email bodies Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O How to display number of items per .pst file Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
soadfan Outlook rules look up display name only Using Outlook 4
C Display Sender As Contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4