My huge inbox folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaArrabal

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have some thousands of messages in MS Outlook 2016. Today I've opened Inbox and haven't seen nothing. I repeated the process, but it didn't help.

I have some thousands of messages in MS Outlook 2016. Today I've opened Inbox and haven't seen nothing. I repeated the process, but it didn't help.
First one you may check and apply methods below, to read articles and guides, to use manual, and finally only in case nothing of these appears ineffective, then take a look at repair huge PST file

Useful article from Microsoft dedicated your trouble - Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook

Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) is a utility that you can use in this case to repair your damaged archive.pst. It is highly recommended that you backup the damaged PST first as running the tool can irreparably damage the file.

• 1. Quit the application
• 2. Scanpst.exe is a hidden file so make sure that the 'Show hidden files and folders' setting is enabled in the folder options
• 3. Click Start | Search, or Find and type 'Scanpst.exe' in the Search box
• 4. Double-click to open the file and browse to the location of your damaged archive.pst
• 5. Click 'Start' to start the recovery process
• 6. Try to open the file in question again. The corruption problem should not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 2
Netpilot How To Break Up Huge POP3 Downloads? Using Outlook 1
chupacabra Huge .pst file in IMAP Using Outlook 2
T Outloo 2013 consuming huge amounts of Bandwidth Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 365 Group INBOX by date but not by date and time Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
S Format Inbox Using Outlook 0
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Inbox didn't got read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
C Configuring Inbox columns Using Outlook 2
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
J Collaborative Inbox Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
N Focussed Inbox Rules Failing Using Outlook 5
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
P Two main Outlook gripes: Voting buttons not working externally nor Focused Inbox Using Outlook 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
D How to handle filing of emails from an Inbox Subfolder to a specific Public folder Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2016 Inbox search bug Using Outlook 1