Copies of emails from rules have wrong from: account

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrpardee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have a lot of rules to create a copy of emails I send in a folder dedicated to the recipient. For example, I might have a rule that puts a copy of every email sent to julie@example.com in "julie's folder." My primary email account where I send and receive is gmail, but my store of folders for sent mail is in outlook (my sent mail folder in still in gmail). This works fine if I just send email to "julie"- I get a copy in my sent mail folder and one in "julie's folder." However, I just realized that whenever I reply to or forward a mail to "Julie", the copy put in Julie's folder shows as being from outlook.com, gmail. My default account is my gmail account, and Outlook opens in my gmail inbox. Any ideas why, and how I can stop this?
Thanks!
Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S How can I delete all copies of a given companies logo graphic from all my emails at once? Using Outlook 3
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
G What event happens when you open 2 copies of your inbox? Using Outlook 5
R OL 2010 - avoiding multiple copies of message when in multiple Contact Lists Using Outlook 1
Z Mark moved copies as "Read" Using Outlook 19
R Outlook 2007 attachments create multiple copies in the inbox Using Outlook 3
A Message Copies in Dumpster Using Outlook 1
T Can I install BCM on 2 computers w/o buying 2 copies? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 3
Phillip Bit.ly emails Using Outlook 1
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
G Alerting on missed emails in conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
G Parsing All Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Set Timer/Countdown on Emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3